The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Alex Cattaneo Tab Index
Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2015 10:41 am    

it sure seems like alex has done a heck of a lot of work to me. he is also sharing a very high quality resource for no charge so that everyone's playing can benefit. i have a hard time finding anything to fault here.

Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2015 1:12 pm    

Wow, now I have to justify the stuff I post for FREE! Unreal!!! The nerve on some people. For your information, I do all my tabs MYSELF! How dare you accuse me of plagiarism??? (I'm taking this up to bOb by the way). Just because I tabbed one or two that were tabbed by other people years ago, that automatically means I didn't do the work myself?

Are you saying that I'm suppose to keep track of everything that's ever been tabbed, even stuff that's not even available anymore? Do I need to check with you before I tab something, just to make sure it wasn't available 20 years ago on some long gone website or burried in a thread from the old Forum?

I've tabbed well over a hundred songs, and what's shared here is just a fraction of that. I have a ton of stuff that hasn't been tabbed anywhere else; I often tab songs from beginning to end, not just the intros and breaks, but also the fills and back up. Few people bother to do that. To suggest that I've never tabbed something myself is beyond ludicrous and shows you haven't bothered to actually check my work. Of course, some songs will be tabbed by several people. That's why they are called "classics", duh! What about the several dozens of songs I tabbed which are not available from any other source? Can I get a little credit for those?

I did Storms Never Last when Weldon passed, as I tribute. That's the key on the original recording, so that's what I used. Your comment doesn't even make sense! I tabbed it a half-tone higher but wrote it a fret lower? Anyhow, it was downloaded or viewed over 500 TIMES!!! And that's just on the BOX website. I guess some people thought it was useful...

I transcribe whatever I feel like transcribing, regardless of your specifics needs, Graham, and regardless of other transcriptions that I'm mostly unaware of.
Now, why don't YOU try tabbing something, ANYTHING, and make a POSITIVE contribution? Oh, right your too busy polluting my threads about what Ricky or Fred did, and how they did it, and what key, and the Rebel, Ricky and Jeff website, which is not even up anymore!!! I do whatever pleases me and I owe you NOTHING.

Whatever. It will be a loooong time before I share anything else, I garantee it. These are the kind of people that keep me off the Forum for months at a time.

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2015 1:54 pm    

Graham wrote:
You should really try tabbing something out yourself instead of using what others have done.

Storms Never Last is a case in point. Originally done by Weldon in key of Ab and tabbed out by Fred Amendola for the Rebelâ„¢,Ricky and Jeff web site. All you did was change it to key of A and start on 10th fret instead of 11!

Semi- truck is another. I didn't have the Commander Cody lp for this. Fred sent me sound files for 3 of the songs, along with tab for Semi-truck and Lookin' at the World Thru a Windshield. All 3 were on the 1972 page of the Rebelâ„¢,Ricky and Jeff website.

Fred supplied many other tabs to the site during it's run.

Who are you talking to?

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2015 1:59 pm    

Alex Cattaneo wrote:
Wow, now I have to justify the stuff I post for FREE! Unreal!!! The nerve on some people. For your information, I do all my tabs MYSELF! How dare you accuse me of plagiarism??? (I'm taking this up to bOb by the way). Just because I tabbed one or two that were tabbed by other people years ago, that automatically means I didn't do the work myself?

Are you saying that I'm suppose to keep track of everything that's ever been tabbed, even stuff that's not even available anymore? Do I need to check with you before I tab something, just to make sure it wasn't available 20 years ago on some long gone website or burried in a thread from the old Forum?

I've tabbed well over a hundred songs, and what's shared here is just a fraction of that. I have a ton of stuff that hasn't been tabbed anywhere else; I often tab songs from beginning to end, not just the intros and breaks, but also the fills and back up. Few people bother to do that. To suggest that I've never tabbed something myself is beyond ludicrous and shows you haven't bothered to actually check my work. Of course, some songs will be tabbed by several people. That's why they are called "classics", duh! What about the several dozens of songs I tabbed which are not available from any other source? Can I get a little credit for those?

I did Storms Never Last when Weldon passed, as I tribute. That's the key on the original recording, so that's what I used. Your comment doesn't even make sense! I tabbed it a half-tone higher but wrote it a fret lower? Anyhow, it was downloaded or viewed over 500 TIMES!!! And that's just on the BOX website. I guess some people thought it was useful...

I transcribe whatever I feel like transcribing, regardless of your specifics needs, Graham, and regardless of other transcriptions that I'm mostly unaware of.
Now, why don't YOU try tabbing something, ANYTHING, and make a POSITIVE contribution? Oh, right your too busy polluting my threads about what Ricky or Fred did, and how they did it, and what key, and the Rebel, Ricky and Jeff website, which is not even up anymore!!! I do whatever pleases me and I owe you NOTHING.

Whatever. It will be a loooong time before I share anything else, I garantee it. These are the kind of people that keep me off the Forum for months at a time.

Alex

As they say, "Don't feed the Trolls" This guy obviously carries on a grudge and you happened to be his latest target. Wish this forum had an ignore member feature! Keep doing what you do. We appreciate it! Now, get back to work, LOL

bob

Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2015 3:05 pm    

Alex, I will always love your tabs! You are a gift to this forum, a musical GENIUS and after all a wonderful and generous person. Apparently, there are people out here who begrudge your brillant talent in writing tabs. Ignore them!

Jan Viljoen

Pretoria, South Africa
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2015 8:34 am    

Just go to guitar and mandolin websites and see how many hundreds of tabs there are.
U Tube also have hundreds of lessons.

Nobody cares a hoot who did them and in what key.
The are available to musicians all over the world.
I always wondered why we have so few tabs on this forum.

Thanks Alex, go on.

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2015 7:35 pm    

Alex, please don't let the "forum grinches" get the best of you!

I appreciate your tab and the work it takes to do it.
You have helped this beginner learn a lot of good licks. Thanks!

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2015 5:09 am     Tab?

Alex you do and have done great work. Please, tab on!

I have to say this...
Tab is at best, only a generalization and close representation of anything it represents and it seldom gets closer then that. It cannot represent the emotion felt by the original player of the material. It hardly ever completely represents the timing felt and played by the original player. Because western music is based on 8 notes, there will be times when one piece of music in tab form, closely resembles another piece of music in tab form, that is inevitable. In such a case, only the way, feel and time it is played, can distinguish the two.

Life... There are givers and takers! We know which Alex is. Thank you Alex! Great work!

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2016 3:41 pm    

Geez, I just saw this thread. Must have been sleeping for over a year.

Alex, thanks for the time and effort doing these meticulous tabs which have helped me and I'm sure countless other.

The Rebel and Ricky site was also extremely helpful but, alas, it is gone now.

As Dick Sexton commented:

Tab is at best, only a generalization and close representation of anything it represents and it seldom gets closer then that. It cannot represent the emotion felt by the original player of the material. It hardly ever completely represents the timing felt and played by the original player.

I believe he's correct though it sure gives a number of us a head start and a base upon which to build when learning a song.

By the way, thank you also, Dick for all your tabs.

Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2016 11:10 am    

Hey Alex. you got 98 per cent of the vote here .don't let some negative in put from one guy ruin it on all the other great guys on the forum. what your doing is and awesome help to all the new and old steel players take it from a guy like Dick Sexton. please re consider.

Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2016 5:57 am    

So true, Alex you're the best!

Declan Byrne

Southern Ireland
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2016 6:32 am    

Keep them coming Alex.Youre the man.....The cheek of some people whinging.

Lyle Bradford

Gilbert WV USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2016 10:15 am    

Thanks Alex for a wonderful job!! That guy is a member of another steel guitar something or other somewhere else. If you throw a rock the first dog you hit will yelp! Seems to me you have hit one. We appreciate what you are doing!!!

Gary Meyer

Sacramento, California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2017 2:48 am    

This deserves a bump. Good stuff and thankyou !

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2017 6:35 pm    

The guy that posted that hateful negative comment should delete that comment. A good and decent person would delete that. That was uncalled for.

People like Alex make this Forum great. It's people like you, and you know who I'm talking to, that ruin it.

Man, he's a fellow Canadian too. What the heck????

Alex, you gave the correct response. Just keep doing what your doing. The rest of us appreciate what you do for the members.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 6:49 pm    

Alex, I know that negativity was written a while back...but don't pay attention to.that junk....
Some.people are jealous or have low self worth and try to make themselves feel better by attempting to.belittle others.

I appreciate the free tab you've posted here and from what I see, it's great work. And your rifht, most tab is just numbers and the timing is not denoted at all. Thanks for this, and thanks for doing ALL the steel parts, not just intros, turns and outroz. God bless you my friend!

Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2017 8:26 am    

Thanks everybody for your support! Means a lot to me. I'm currently working on a huge pile of new pedal steel tabs which I hope will be ready in time for Christmas. I'll have free stuff as well as new titles in my Legacy tablatures which I sell for 5$ a piece.

Ricky, can you please close this thread? Time for a clean slate! I'll repost all the links, and some new ones, on a new thread.

Paul Stauskas

DFW, TX
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2017 9:33 am    

Great news Alex. Your stuff is of the highest quality.