The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Go Find Another One
Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2013 10:55 pm    

Separated At Birth?

The top pic (Epiphone/Rocco) is from an ebay auction (not mine). The next one (and following) are from a bit of 40s technology. Here's a tube chart (marginally legible, I realize):

Vintage stack amp? Hi-Fi radio?

I wish...

Actually, although the guts were manufactured by the Pilot Radio Corp. (my folks used to have a 50s Pilot stereo) It's a SlendaVogue SV-5...chiropractic reducing/slimming machine. Apparently there were probes/electrodes or some such that connected to the jacks outlined in black and red. My guess is that they gave small pulses of electricity, stimulating the muscles and thereby absolving the user of having to exert any physical effort in the attainment of a Mr. America or foldout physique.

Lower half, alas, is not populated with vintage speakers, but a drawer and cubbies behind the doors. Some blemishes and rear caster socket support areas need repair. This has the casters and sockets; cabinet heeds shoring up, among other small cosmetic issues.

I had given this to a friend who had a 50s-themed beach house but after years, he didn't have room for it and he said I'd given it to him. So I took it back, hoping that we're living in more enlightened times and there may be some interest in it...from old radio buffs? electronic tinkerers? hipster-design retailers? oddball collectors?

As I was composing in Testing, I didn't know if this was headed for Steel Without Pedals, Electronics or For Sale: Amps and Accessories. Ultimately I'd like to sell it--$150?--pick up in LA only.

More pics:

Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2013 6:55 pm     The Contraption.

I don't want to offend Phil Bradbury, but that amp favors a Little Walter. For 150bucks, how can you go wrong?