The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pod Xt Live Download
Tony Kotula

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 12:13 pm    

I heard someone has some steel guitar download for the pod xt live. Does anyone know what site I need to go to? Also.. anyone use a o/d pedal or dist.pedal for steel... i've tried a few with unsatisfactory results.. I am looking for a go to unit with having to reset my amps everytime I use it.. probably asking for a lot eh? I use 2 PV Nville 400's.. lexicon mpx 100 & boss D3 delay...
thanks!

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 6:07 pm    

Best one I have used for steel is the Earth Drive.
I have a Pod 6 I use some times but don't have it figured out very well yet..
Got some down loads from Jack Stoner's website.
http://www.gulfcoaststeelguitar.com/

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2013 2:41 am    

I have some "tones" - mainly effects only on my web site that can be downloaded. They work on a POD XT and POD X3, and may work on the XT live.

www.gulfcoaststeelguitar.com

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2013 4:19 am    

My somewhat downmarket OD options are the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive and the old Jordan/Sho-Bud Boss Tone. I just got delivery of the new Mahoney Buzz Tone. Will report on results later, using it this afternoon

Tony Kotula

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2013 7:21 am    

Thanks for the info... I have an old Jordan Boss Tone...it's fun but on the overfuzz side for me...
Al Perkins played the ISGC back in 09 and cranked out Statesboro blues & Crossroads on a Fender 6... he used some o/d pedal that just sounded great...
I will try the Pod downloads and repost
Thank you all again!

David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2013 9:23 am    

Tony, I've used Jack Stoners downloads with good success. Don't forget to check out the Line 6 website. I use an XT Live and if you install the "Line 6 Monkey Installer" you can get on the site where you can share patches with every other Pod, XT, Line 6 owner in the world. Only about 17,000 patches to choose from. They are all very friendly and energetic to help with your problems. In seconds you can download any patch you want.

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2013 8:19 am    

I too have used Jack's presets, as well as Tommy Dodd's, and a few that friend who worked at line 6 made for me.

Additionally, if you look at the Line 6 site for "steel," (NOT "pedal steel") you'll find more.

You will need to download something called "gearbox" from line 6 to install them. It's a free download. You'll also have to get the kind of USB cable that plugs into the POD on one side and your computer on the other.

Steve Cagle

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2017 1:12 pm    

Jack Stoner wrote:
I have some "tones" - mainly effects only on my web site that can be downloaded. They work on a POD XT and POD X3, and may work on the XT live.

www.gulfcoaststeelguitar.com

I can't find them on your web site. Are they still there?

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2017 1:50 pm    

I too like the "Earth Drive", I have it adjusted to add just a bit of "sparkle".

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2017 2:57 pm    

My web site was discontinued earlier this month. I had put an announcement about it on the forum.

FWIW, the same for the Florida Steel Guitar Club's web site, that I was hosting on my web site.

I had some "effects only" programs ("Tones" as Line 6 calls them) on my web site. If someone wants them, e-mail me.