The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 14 May 2013 1:17 am    

I put together my own arrangement of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and thought it was worth sharing. I'm using standard C6th changes. I use pedals 5,6,7 and 8 with no knee levers. Here's the tabs and the same rhythm track which I played along with (I also posted the tabs below to archive them in the forum)...

TABS FOR SONG

DOWNLOAD RHYTHM TRACK

WATCH ME PLAY THE SONG ON YOUTUBE

SECOND YOUTUBE RECORDING

Enjoy!

Code:

(G)1.__________________________________________________________________________|
(E)2._____________11_____________11~~p6_________9_________4~~3~~~~2____________|
(C)3.___4~~~16____11___11~~p7____11~~~~_________9___~11___4~~3~~~~2____________|
(A)4.___4~~~16____11___11~~p7____11~~~~_________9_________4~~3~~~~2____________|
(G)5.___4~~~16____11___11~~~~____11~~~~____9____9___~11___4~~3p5~~2p5__________|
(E)6.___4~~~16____11___11~~~~______________9____9_________4~~3~~~~2____________|
(C)7.___4~~~16____11___11~~~~______________9___________________________________|
(A)8._______________________________________________~11________________________|
(F)9.__________________________________________________________________________|
(C)10._________________________________________________________________________|

*Below: Use left foot. When you press down the 6th pedal, keep it down, then rock
onto the 7th pedal.

(G)1.__________________________________________________________________________|
(E)2._________________________________________________________4________________|
(C)3.___________________________~9~~~~~~_____*9~~p7__9p7~~~___4___4~~p7________|
(A)4.______5~~p7~~5________4__________________________________4___4~~p7________|
(G)5.______5p5~~~~~_____________~9~~~~~~____9~~~~_____9~~~~___4___4~~~~________|
(E)6.____________________4~~_______9p6~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~___4___4~~~~________|
(C)7.___5~~~~~~~~~~___________________________________________4___4~~~~________|
(A)8.___________________________~9~~~~~~__9~~~~________9~~~____________________|
(F)9.__________________4~~~____________________________________________________|
(C)10._________________________________________________________________________|

*Below: Use left foot on pedal 5 and hold it down. Then press pedal 7 with the
right foot. Jimmy Day popularized using both feet to play the C6th tuning. I fold
up my LKR to avoid hitting it with my left knee while playing C6th.

(G)1.________________________REPEAT_SONG__|____________________________________|
(E)2.____4~~p6____________________________|____________________________________|
(C)3.____4~~~~____________________________|__4___11______11______11_______11___|
(A)4.____4~~~~____~9___________*9~~~~p7___|__4_________11~~____11~~_____11~~___|
(G)5.____4~~~~____~9_____8~~9___9p5~~p5___|__4_________________________________|
(E)6.____4~~p6____~9p6__________9~~~~~~___|__4_________________________________|
(C)7._____________~9____________9~~~~~~___|__4_______11~~~____11~~~____11~~~___|
(A)8._____________~9____________9~~~~~~___|__4_________________________________|
(F)9._____________________________________|____________________________________|
(C)10.____________________________________|____________________________________|

(E)2.__________________________________________________________________________|
(C)3._______11_________________________________________________________________|
(A)4.______11~~___________14____________14____________14____________14_________|
(G)5.________________14~~~~~_______14~~~~~_______14~~~~~_______14~~~~~_________|
(E)6._______________14~~~~~~______14~~~~~~______14~~~~~~______14~~~~~~_________|
(C)7.____11~~~_____14p8~~~~~_____14p8~~~~~_____14p8~~~~~_____14p8~~~~~_________|
(A)8.__________________________________________________________________________|
(F)9.__________________________________________________________________________|

*Below: Use left foot. When you press down the 6th pedal, keep it down, then rock
onto the 7th pedal and off.

(E)2.__________________________________________________________________________|
(C)3.__________________________________________________________________________|
(A)4.____~16_____16____*12~~~~~p7~~~~12____11~~12____12~~~~~12p7_______________|
(G)5.___________________12~~~~~p~~~~~12______________12~~~~~12_________________|
(E)6.____~16____16~_____12p6~~~p6~~~~12p6____________12p6~~~12p6_______________|
(C)7.____~16___16~~_____12~~~~~p~~~~~12______________12~~~~~12_________________|
(A)8.__________________________________________________________________________|

(E)2.___________________________________________________10p6____11_____________|
(C)3.___11______11______11_______11_______11___________10~______11____~16______|
(A)4._________11~~____11~~_____11~~_____11~~__________10~~______11____~16______|
(G)5.________________________________________________10~~~______11____~16p5____|
(E)6._______________________________________________10p6________11____~16p6____|
(C)7._______11~~~____11~~~____11~~~____11~~~_______10~~~~~____________~16______|
(A)8._____________________________________________10~~~~~~_____________________|
(F)9.____________________________________________10~~~~~~~_____________________|
(C)10.__________________________________________10~~~~~~~~_____________________|

(G)1.______________________|___________________________________________________|
(E)2.______________________|___________________________________________________|
(C)3.________________11____|____4~~~16p7~~~16__________________________________|
(A)4.____~21~~~p7____11____|____4~~~16p7~~~16____REPEAT FIRST PART OF SONG_____|
(G)5.________________11____|____4~~~16~~~~~~~__________________________________|
(E)6.____~21~~~______11____|____4~~~16~~~~~~~__________________________________|
(C)7.____~21~~~______11____|____4~~~16~~~~~~~__________________________________|
(A)8.______________________|____4~~~16~~~~~~~__________________________________|
(F)9.______________________|___________________________________________________|
(C)10._____________________|___________________________________________________|

(E)2.____________________________________________~9~~~11~~~11p6________________|
(C)3.____________________________________________~9~~~11~~~~~~~________________|
(A)4.___ENDING___________________________________~9~~~11~~~~~~~________________|
(G)5.____________________14______________14____________________________________|
(E)6._______________14~~~~~_________14~~~~~____________________________________|
(C)7.______________14~~~~~~________14~~~~~~____________________________________|
(A)8._____________14p8~~~~~_______14p8~~~~~____________________________________|

(C)3.__________________________________________________________________________|
(A)4.__________________________________________________________________________|
(G)5.__________________________________________________________________________|
(E)6.__________________________________________________________________________|
(C)7.__________________________________________________________________________|

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 May 2013 10:29 am     Nice one

Thank you so much for the work on this , Dave. stevet

Bill Sutton

Post  Posted 19 May 2013 10:36 am    

Dave I like this...I dont do much C6TH work...but this is good stuff to learn Smile.
Bill.