The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MS: Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 6:33 am    

TTT

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 8:46 am    

Ben, I'll be on the look out for that trick.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 11:13 am     Gulfport Steel show

Its TRUE! I remember hearing a story that if you build a good ball field, they will come and play. Well, my friends and I did not build a ball field, but we did build that nice band stand in the VFW, and sure enough THEY are coming to play!. Just heard from Lorraine Walden that four members of the "Nashville Music Machine" will be with us all weekend. This group has toured just about all over the world and now they will add Gulfport, Mississippi to their list. Along with Gene Breeden there will be Lorraine Walden, Les Barnett and Philip Hurley and another wonderful singer-Patsy Pullin who will be busy on our stage all weekend.
Reinforcements from Arizona will help Ray Harrison from being surrounded will be here by the names of Margie and Don Mays. After Margie plays here, she will be on her way to Breeden's studio to cut another cd session. So, she and Gene can get in a lot of practice during this show. I am amazed with all that is happening this time around. Good times ahead, guaranteed.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 4:08 pm     Gulfport Steel show

Now, I am truly amazed. Just received a phone call from Don Allen in Australia. (Don is as popular in Australia as Johnny Cash is here in the States). Don will be in Nashville recording in Breeden's Studio the last week in Oct and the CMG record company CEO is going to drive him to our Gulfport Steel Show. Looks like a convoy from Nashville will be coming to our Gulfport Deep South Steel Show. This will be one major picking party. This has floored me and I just do not have enough thank you words to fully tell everyone either. You all will just have to know it for a fact. Really re-vamping schedules now, but it will all work out with this wonderful crew we have of steel players and musicians. Vern Gosdin's bass player will be on stage with us also. Do not know his name yet, but will post that soon. Hard to believe this would be happening this way here in Gulfport, Mississippi. Gladly accept it though. When I have the new schedules, I will post them.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2013 3:30 am    

it's just around the corner...........
country........

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 1:29 pm    

Mr. BILL be sure to keep my both open probably gonna be saturday morning before i can make it I'll be bringing that new VINTAGE VIBE AMP for you guys to check out along with a gee-tar of my MAX-TONE mods etc with me LORD willing sure hope all goes well its been a while since i've made it down, glad to see ya'll and all these fine pickers.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 3:13 pm     Gulfport Steel show

Tommy, got you covered. Will be good to see you.
bS

Gordon Dodson

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 3:34 pm    

I am excited and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 3:38 pm     Ty

Bring it all down buddy! I'd like to test drive the amp and BMI. Right now, I'm redoing a Carter Starter and I'll be playing it. It's close to what I like to feel after working on it this afternoon. Very interesting tweaking to get it smooth. See ya buddy!

Ben ODell

Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 3:42 pm     quote

MMM.....MMM.....MMM!!!!!

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 3:47 pm     Gd

Wow! The Alabama steelman in the Hot Rod Lincoln playing Julian's licks. If I don't play a note, it'll be fun watching and listening to everybody! This has all of the makings of the "Best steel show ever on the Gulf Coast."

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 5:37 pm     Gulfport Steel show

This one sure is. Wait till you see the re-vamped schedules coming soon. And the thanks goes to all of you guys. I just published the dates that Roy Rosetta could be here with us and the phone started ringing, and here we are today.
Also, don't forget about Hank Sasaki being here on Wed. the 6th and will do a show with a lot of our guys at the VFW. Hank is a very well knows real Country Singer from Japan and will really put on a good show for everyone. He is in company with about fifteen Japanese friends enroute to New Orleans. In this group will be one fiddle player and one female singer. We will welcome anyone that wants to help with the music that night. Already have quite a line up but more the merrier. Want to give Hank Sasaki and his touring friends something to really remember about Mississippi and its musicians.
Watch for the Steel players schedule very soon. Don't forget that Don Allen, Australia's answer to Johnny Cash (and he is just as popular in his country as Johnny was and is here). Don is recording at Breeden's Studio next week on the CMG Recording Label and the boss of that label will be driving him down. Lets give Don Allen a real southern hospitality welcome picking party during our upcoming show..
Sera Buras has almost finished recording her first session with the Sony Company and, hopefully, she will be able to be with us also. See you all soon.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2013 5:44 pm     Gulfport Steel show

Gordon, you are one of our MAIN STAY players. With you being the best player there is using Julian's 14 string tuning, we all are anxiously waiting to hear you. Gordon is unique like Julian Tharpe, and that is not all. He is a really, really good singer and entertainer.
Just been informed that Mitsuo Fujii will be here with us. Getting better all the time. Proud just does not fully cover it for me. Thanks to everyone.

Ben ODell

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2013 5:57 am     Just For Giggles

AW-IGHT now. Just for giggles, here's a bump to the top.
Be good to see you Gordon, and Billy. Wow what pickers.

Man!!!!........ Billy you gonna run outta paper. That schedule gonna look like the "DEAD SEA SCROLL".....GOOD-UN.

Ray Harrison

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2013 10:27 am    

Bill, you may have to entertain the thought of a week long show.
The people just love the reception they receive at your show and know that you will treat them fair and have great talent to visit with.

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2013 8:30 am    

Billy you wont believe just how good this new amp is, its by far the best i've ever had the honor of putting a cord into,,, It was well excepted in Nashville, i had the chance to set it beside some of the so-called cream of the crop tube amps none came close to it.. it withstood 4 hours of session work from one of the best not a crackle from this baby she is fine as wine and a 100 watts of tube is second to none [so far] they loved the reverb they left them digital babies in their boxes even in the session it was used on.... hope to hear from anyone wanting to test it out thanks TOMMY

Corbin Tittle

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2013 8:52 am     Gulfport steel guitar show

We could make a movie out of this show......Titled "HOW TO KILL A DRUMMER!" I'm getting in shape for this one! Heck I'm up to three pushups, one and a haf sit ups (need more work on these), bench pressing three (that's right three) drumsticks, and tried pullups but my beard got caught in the bar, so leaving those out. Looking forward to all these great players an singers. GIT 'ER DONE!

Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2013 4:16 pm     GulfPort Show

Well ,Gail's getting over rotator cuff surgery,look's like we will get to make the trip down to the show, if she keeps getting better. Looking forward to seeing all my friends .

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2013 6:11 pm    

I want to thank Mr. Bill Stafford for the wonderful show and all the help he gave on behalf of BMI and VINTAGE VIBE AMPS we appreciate all the kindness he gave us no better anywhere again thanks:.... TOMMY YOUNG

pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2013 9:55 pm     Gulfport Show.

Had a great time and Thanks to Mr. Bill Stafford for inviting me down again for this show and Mr Jack Harper for all the Help moving my gear on and off stage, I Had a chance to pick with some of the HOF musicians. And also had a giant steak at the VFW to boot ,was sooooo good .Enjoyed a great visit with Ray Harrison and several other friends ,shared some great stories. see ya in 2014. Look forward to next year. if you didn't make it you missed out.
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2013 6:21 pm    

Want to express our thanks also for being part of a great steel show. Had a great time and enjoyed a ton of good music. Larry Baker and Jean DeVore

Special thanks to Mr. Bill Stafford...

Ray Harrison

Post  Posted 4 Nov 2013 6:44 pm    

I was so glad to be involved in the DSSG show this past weekend. What a gathering of talent. HAD A BLAST!!! Was worth the Looooong drive.
Thanks Bill Stafford and the rest of the DSSG group.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2013 7:28 pm     Gulfport steel show

Thanks to all of you guys. I just opened the doors.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2013 11:03 am    

Thank you Bill S for allowing Linda and I to be a part of such a great show.

The time spent with good music, great friends and good food, was certainly enjoyed by us.

We look forward to doing it all over again next year.

Love you all,
Bill & Linda Ferguson

Gordon Dodson

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2013 5:15 pm    

Bill....Jane and I had a great time and are looking forward to next year. Thanks to you and Betty for being such gracious hosts. Another fantastic steel guitar show in Gulfport!

Gordon and Jane