The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MS: Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2013 5:19 am    

Bill I plan to be there myself. You can add me to the list also.
Tommy Shown

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 12:48 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Tommy, that is good news. Glad for this. Will have you listed for both days.....Thanks

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2013 4:41 pm    

Hey Bill, check your private message
Tommy

Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2013 5:09 am     Bump

TTT

Ben ODell

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2013 5:10 am     bump

TTT

Bill you ain't asleep over there.....ARE YOU??

Corbin Tittle

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2013 1:53 pm    

Bill I'm really amped up for the show this year, you've (as usual) got some really great players coming in.I'm also excited about introducing an incredible young lady by the name of Alex Tisdale to your audience. She's going to have a great future in this business. Been doing some things over at R.J. Buras's studio written by my good friend Jim Carver, which Alex will be introducing. Anything you need me to do to help out this year please let me know, as I'm free most everyday.

Corbin Tittle

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2013 1:55 pm    

Bill I'm really amped up for the show this year, you've (as usual) got some really great players coming in.I'm also excited about introducing an incredible young lady by the name of Alex Tisdale to your audience. She's going to have a great future in this business. Been doing some things over at R.J. Buras's studio written by my good friend Jim Carver, which Alex will be introducing. Anything you need me to do to help out this year please let me know, as I'm free most everyday. I had to register as Corbin Tittle 'cause I had to re-register. Anyway Corky Tittle here.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2013 6:24 pm     Gulfport Show

Ben, not asleep-just busy being a 24/7 nurse. So glad for all this major support. Really glad you will be on stage on Saturday with your show. Going to try and pay you back just a little for all you have done for our music world and players too. Time to appreciate Ben O'Dell for a change.
We will have a lot of players that are not yet known to our audience, but they sure will be known very soon. Some will have their own bands with them.
Really makes for the good times and opportunity to make new friends in this wonderful music world we have.
Dewitt Scott and Mary will be with us and that in itself is a badge of honor for all of us. Scotty's show is coming up in a few weeks in St. Louis. This is the International Steel Guitar Convention and Hall of Fame Show. Scotty is President of the Hall of Fame. So glad he will be with us. More later.

Jim Williams

Meridian, Mississippi, USA - Home of Peavey!
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2013 7:19 am     Re: Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

[quote=" Bob Saxton will be on the Friday evening show and he and Patsy recorded "Granny Got Runned Over By A Reindeer". Patsy plays lead guitar(twin) with Bob and that is so good to hear. [/quote]

Bob is from here in Meridian I think...I've heard him play several times at the Sucarnochee Revue here at the Temple Theater...he is truly an artist on that old hollow body Gibson. I can't wait for the event, it'll be my first steel guitar show.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2013 8:24 am    

Hi Jim, sure glad to see you here and that you will be coming to visit with us here in Gulfport.
Bob Saxton is one of the very best in the business. He also recorded the Granny Reindeer song with Patsy Trigg. It is a very special honor to have both of them on our upcoming Nov 1st and 2nd show. Bob will be able to make the Friday show only as he has a higher paying gig on Saturday. Patsy will be with us both days. I just might be able to match Patsy's Saturday show with another one of the best-Rudy Osborne, Dottie West's steel guitarist, is coming down from Arkansas and will be with us both days. Also, Gene Breeden-Western Swing Hall of Fame and Gospel Music Assoc. Hall of Fame member, will be one of our staff guitarists for both days. Another great guitarist-Billy Puckett-will be coming down from Atlanta. The stage band will be one of the very best in the business with Roy Rosetta on the piano. More about this later. Thanks for this interest Jim.

Last edited by Bill Stafford on 21 Aug 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2013 8:40 am    

Wouldn't miss it Bill. Sounds like it is going to be a great series of shows. I plan to be there both days.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2013 9:08 am    

"Rudy Alexander"

Hi Bill S,
I think that should be Rudy Osborne!

Looking forward to another super show. Sound system is READY. Now, I guess I need to practice.
Have the Gulfport Show, then the next week, the Atlanta Show and the next week the Southern Steel Convention in Belvedere, SC.

WHAW!

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2013 1:34 pm     Gulfport Steel show

You are right Bill. I had a great friend in Oregon named Rudy Alexander who was on my mind as he recently passed away. Thanks for correcting me. Sorry Rudy Osborne. Be so glad to see and hear you all again. Show is really lining up to be the biggest one yet. Will work on the schedule after Scotty's show. See a lot of you there.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2013 6:41 pm    

with a line-up like this, i am coming early and staying late......

country jack.......

Ben ODell

Post  Posted 27 Aug 2013 6:39 am     I Think ??

Looks like I might get turned loose for Friday. Still not sure yet. Will keep you posted.

Spoke to Mike Hoover last nite, he said he is planning on attending. Said he was gonna try to pool up for the ride, from Nashville. Really looking forward to seeing my old friend here for the show.

Trying to get a couple of bus loads together.

Billy can you share a list of pickers scheduled, for us to mill over in our noggins? THANK YOU.....

Tell Ms. Betty I said Hello and hope she gets to feeling better.

Ben-Jamin "O"

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 29 Aug 2013 9:29 am     Vendors or swap?

This will be my first steel show. I'm kind of in the market for a beginner pedal steel...do events like this typically have any folks there with stuff for sale?

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2013 10:36 am     Show

What a line up of people AND I sure hope I can be there along with some friends. Bill always has a good show.

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 29 Aug 2013 11:41 am     Re: Show

J PARKER wrote:
What a line up of people AND I sure hope I can be there along with some friends. Bill always has a good show.

Hey Jimmy, good to see you here. Enjoyed your playing at TISBA a couple of weeks ago.

Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2013 6:50 am    

Jim,there is usually a guitar or two for sale at the show,plus accessories you may be interested in.I bought my first steel guitar there.

You won't be disappointed at the number of pickers and the quality of the music there,either.Mr.Stafford's productions are always FIRST CLASS.

See you there!

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2013 8:13 am     Gulfport Steel show

Back home from St. Louis and Scotty's big show. That was a great one this time.
I will have a list of our players etc later this week. Wanted to wait until Scotty's show was over etc.
Jim, I brought a new S-10 home with me. It would be just right too. And should you want it sooner than waiting for our show, just come on over. Get in touch.
Ben, sure glad Mike Hoover's appearance here will be most appreciated.
More info about our show later.
Bill Stafford

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2013 7:42 am    

Thanks Bill, I sent you a PM.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2013 9:58 am     Gulfport show

Bill, do you think you can fit in another beginner player...(5 years.

Last edited by Larry Baker on 8 Sep 2013 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2013 2:00 pm    

Well Larry, Roger Crawford seems to think that Jean is the best female singer around, so she is welcome to sing a song on my set.

Bill

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2013 1:48 pm    

Thanks Bill, we really want to come down. A new adventure would be good. Bring old Roger Crawford down with you. Larry

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2013 3:46 pm    

Ok Bill S:

Looks like we will have to start the show around 7am on Friday!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be a great show.

Sound system is READY