The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender psg decal
Todd Brown

W. Columbia , South Carolina
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2013 3:22 pm    

I'm looking for a decal for my Fender 800. I need the decal that is on the front of the metal frame of the body. Like this...

Anybody got one??

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 24 Apr 2013 4:52 pm    

Just like this one...

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2013 1:48 am    

Try steelguitar.net
click on "decals"

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2013 7:58 am    

Bobbe doesn't sell this decal that I'm looking for. Never has. NOT the decal on the pedal bar. The decal on the front apron is what I want....

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2013 10:45 am    

Good luck..I don't think they even exist as replacements.. I was never able to find an original or even a repro.. The Fender pedal steel used different logos/decals than the lap and console steels... I went to guitar center and bought a white plastic stick on decal with the old style small f
fender logo,, Its much bigger than the original, but it looks ok..... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2013 2:15 pm    

Thanks, Bob. Yeah, I know it's gonna be tough to find one. I know there's no one making repro's of this decal. Just hoping to find an original off of a parts guitar or something. I robbed the decal pic above from an old ebay listing. So, that gives me hope there might be another loose one out there somewhere...

Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2013 8:51 pm    

I do not know if this helps, but I am not convinced they all came with them in the first place.

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 26 Apr 2013 9:22 pm    

Chris, that does help in a way. I've wondered about that myself because I've seen several seemed original and unmolested that didn't have it. It doesn't mean there necessarily wasn't one, but there is no trace of a decal ever being on my guitar.

All I have to go off of is a picture. I'm assuming these front apron decals are metal of some sort? Were they stamped or embossed with the logo and the border?

Bob Muller

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2013 8:21 am    

Todd, here is my solution to the problem. This guitar showed no evidence of an original decal on the body, and seems to be hundred percent original. I obtained one of the newer metal Fender badges and applied it to the guitar with some double-sided tape which can be removed at any time if necessary. It's just a thought.

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2013 6:34 pm    

Todd, there's people all over ebay making waterslide decals. I'm not saying that anybody buys a body from guitarfetish, screws a Mighty-Mite neck on it, and slaps a "Fender Telecaster" decal on the headstock. But your's is a legitimate search. So try ebay. Or, call me. And leave my name at the door, OK?

Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2013 6:35 pm     Fender

Todd, I've restored dozens of old guitars and found a sign painter who can scan a picture of whatever I need and print it out any size as a stick on or whatever. Most sign shops and T-shirt printers have this technology. Larry Smile

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 28 Apr 2013 7:45 pm    

Thanks for all the suggestion guys. I'll probably end up doing the same thing you did, Bob. There seems to be a good number of those amp logos on ebay.

Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2013 5:01 pm    

Todd, is this the logo on a thin piece of aluminum? If so, as Stephen suggests, you can get a decal shop to duplicate it in a black and chrome mylar decal and then apply that to a thin piece on aluminum cut to shape. My daughter does decals and she made me a very real looking metallic National decal for one of my console steels. Good luck with your search.

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 9 May 2013 12:42 pm     found a few options...

Well, I found an original vintage Blackface amp logo without the tail for $20 on ebay. A low price for a vintage logo considering what some are asking for these. My plan was to put it on the guitar as Bob suggested above. But know I have found 2 really close options to the original metal logos that Fender put on guitars. They are not exact, but damn close. Basically they are Tweed amp logos.

I'm not gonna post info or links to these sources for these metal logos on here. If anyone is interested in what I've found and where to get them, pm or email me. Here is a pic of one option I found. It is my understanding that Fender discontinued sales of these a few years ago. So, they are almost impossible to come by unless you buy one from some jerk on ebay for $100 or some crazy amount. The two sources I've found are asking nowhere near that amount of money.

Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2013 3:12 pm    

That is the logo Fender used on their 1990s reissues, such as the tweed reissue outboard reverb and the Pro Junior, Blues Junior etc.
Do they still make those reissues?

Todd Brown

Post  Posted 11 May 2013 11:23 pm    

Chris, you would know more about it than me. He did say they were made/sold by Fender a while back, more so as a novelty. So, I don't know if they put these on any amps or not. Whatever it is, it's a nice looking logo! Raised lettering, peel & stick backing, and also the brads to attach it. The dude told me he has very few left. Once they're gone, they're gone! Here's a better pic: