The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mickey Adams' Video instruction on my website?
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 9:10 am    

I have gotten several emails and PM's about why I chose to host pages on my website "promoting" Mickey's YouTube videos. Well, I really believe in what he is doing to help players get better.

The reason I did it was because looking for Mickey's videos on YouTube was time consuming and frankly was a pain in the ass. Forumite John Scanlon started this idea and I took it from there (thanks again John for the idea and your hard work). Having them all in one place where you can just select the video makes more sense.

And I have also had a couple of not so nice emails saying that I am "brown nosing with Mickey" and "having my head up his ass" and doing this for my own profit. Well, I get nothing as far as compensation from Mickey. This is on my own. Mickey supports it, but really has nothing to do with it. For those people, just don't use the site. Many do appreciate what we have done to make these videos easier to find.

I was accused of playing favorites with Mickey's instruction. Well, I made the same offer in the sticky above to anyone else that has stuff on the net that would be easier to find if it was indexed. I try to find stuff on Greg Cutshaw's site and have to wade through every lesson page until I find something I want. Don't get me wrong. I love Greg's stuff and think he is a great player as well as a person for sharing. It's just hard to find stuff. Gives me a headache.

Again, my offer stands to anyone who would like this service provided for their material

Anything I can do to pay back the steel guitar community for all they have done for me in the past is my only goal here.

By the way, as of today, my website address has changed. It is now www.richardsinkler.net.

I will PM b0b and have him update the link in the "links" pages, but it might take him a while. You can click the link in my signature below to get to the site.

Thanks for all who support what I am doing.

Ransom Beers

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 9:38 am    

I took a look at the site & it is very nice,you however are still somewhat on the homely side but s'ok,you're entitled Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kiddin'!!!

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 10:09 am    

I try to edit my photo's in Photoshop, but it keeps telling me it's not capable of helping someone as ugly as me.

Ransom Beers

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 10:11 am    

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I better not try it then,I'll break it beyond repair!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 1:24 pm    

Thanks Richard for what you are doing. Sure helps a newbee like me and I do appreciate it. I know that takes time and effort..................cd Very Happy

Last edited by Clark Doughty on 2 Apr 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 1:35 pm     thanks a bunch

Richard I think its great you put Mickeys stuff on your wedsite and others too
Mickey is a fine player and a great teacher
and gives so many players free lessons
and I thank him for his work and your website
Mike Very Happy

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2012 8:29 am    

Mike I saw that post....And i appreciate your kind words!...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2012 8:54 am     Mickey

( I ant leg humppin hehehehe) but I think
its the truth Mickey you go out of your way to help players not only in music but service and advise too we need more folks like you!!
Mike Very Happy

Don Christy

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2012 3:44 pm    

Richard...you are doing a great job sorting Mickey's video's out. It sure helps me save lots of time!
Thanks Richard!

Last edited by Don Christy on 15 Apr 2012 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2012 8:57 am    

Richard, I think it is great that you have links to Mickey's YouTubes and even greater that Mickey has taken the time to do the videos. His videos have helped me and countless others steelers. You can't please some people if you hand them with a new rope.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2012 5:54 pm     Mickey

Well, I got my steel bad out of wack in Dallas and guess who came to my rescue ???????? Mickey . He is a great guy who will step up and help any one in need. Buck Grantham

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2012 7:39 pm     Responses

I started posting things on the web 4 years ago...In all of that time I have had nothing but support from my fellow SGF members, and from players all over the world. For this, I am eternally grateful to ALL of you that continue to support me, and inspire me...And I want you all to know...YOU ALL INSPIRE ME...Buck, you are the consummate musician, and Im proud to call you my friend sir..Richard, I'm just bowled over at your willingness to enhance my channel, hit counts, and exposure with your efforts. Ive made so many new friends..
On a regular basis, i hear: "Man I wish I had this kind of thing available when I was learning"...Well, I feel the same way...I struggled for so long (still do of course)..I gave up numerous times..just lost interest.
I spend hours on the web watching most all of you play...Not just the guys on top...Tommy White, Mike Johnson...Buddy, Curly....(endless list)..etc etc..And I gain valuable knowledge from each and every one of you.. Forgive me if I don't see anything negative about GIVING AWAY knowledge...Sharing is a better word...So from me....THANKS FOR SHARING!!...All of you!....
PS Buck, you call me if you have any more issues.....happy to help!..Peace
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Don Christy

Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 5:41 am    

Mickey..well said! I could have not said it any better myself. I just want to say...if it had not been for you with the kindness out of your heart to bring a steel guitar to me, I don't think I would every had that second chance to become a steel player again.

I don't think I could ever repay you for what you did for me, but one of these days I might just surprise you. You really do INSPIRE ME to keep practicing my steel and I'm grateful that I found you to be an awesome mentor! Keep the video's coming so Richard can add them for our benefit.

I love this steel guitar so much that I sometimes practice from morning to night, but I got in trouble with the wife one time because she can't sleep when I practice in the night. Ha! Ha! lol!

One of these days it's all going to come together and I won't know when to quit. I will never give up learning so keep making those video's Mickey!

Thank you Mickey and thank you forum members for all of your support!

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 7:28 pm    

Don so good to see you posting, and making progress with the guitar!!..
I was reviewing the videos that we compiled from our little trip of charity to Kansas. When I picked you to receive the giveaway, I knew I had chosen wisely. I still look at the "token" coin you gave me that day too!..
My girlfriend Susan, watched the videos with me a few days ago...Hopefully soon I can pick another recipient for a complete steel rig, hopefully one as worthy as you certainly were...Keep me posted on your progress my friend...Peace!..Mick

David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 7:42 pm    

Mickey I have to say is one of the most generous when it comes to making a newby feel comfortable . He is most definately a gentleman with a great sense of understanding the frustration one faces when trying to figure out a problem.
I had the honor of meeting Mick last year and it is an honor to call him a friend.
Thanks again for all you do ........

Richard, I also extend a Thanks to you for you support and effort.
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com

Del Walters

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2012 7:50 pm    

Richard, Thank you for taking the time to categorize, Mick's videos for me and others to learn from. There is much more to Micky. Kindness and generosity are just a few of his attributes. He is a great friend. Thanks Mick for just being Mick. Doc Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed
Rittenberry SD 12 Lacquer, Rittenberry SD 12, Mullen G2 Del Mullen Signature SD-12, "Fox Vintage Amp and vintage reverb",Steel Mixer, "BJS Bars" , Sanberg 7 string bass, Fender tele-#4,Strats-#1,Fender V USA bass#2 Gibson 335, etc, etc, 1 fully staffed and equip veterinary hospital,plus 5 Yorkies, and a tolerate 100 pound Rottweiler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Gordon Borland

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2012 4:54 am     Thanks

Just simply thank you very much.

John Scanlon

Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2013 8:31 am    

Don't know how I missed this last year. I can be an on-again, off-again forumite. Thanks to Mickey and to Richard for their contributions in continuing to make great instructional material freely available to all of those learning psg.