The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thought About Giving Up The Steel Guitar
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2013 9:49 pm    

Nick, if you play in a band there is most likely only one steel guitar on the stage and you are playing it. So, as far as the members of the band you are the most important steel player in the world to them. All the other steel players regardless of how good they may play are of no value to your band. You are the man and you are there because they want you there. Relax and enjoy playing your steel as long as you are able. Like someone earlier said, it is not a contest.
Jerry

Jason Putnam

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 1:44 pm    

Nick, Buddy,Pal, Friend, Have you lost your mind??? You are a great player. I wish i could play as good as you! But I can't. But i'm not quitting because I can't! I wish I could play tele as good as Brent Mason, But that aint happening either. As long as you enjoy it then you should never stop. The only reason I wanted to learn to play was your influence. Besides, if you quit, who's licks am I gonna steel?? No pun intended!!!