The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  OHIO 'Update On O.S.G.A. Sharing'
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2012 3:49 pm    

Very Happy Ok folks we have a date for the ''Sharing The Steel Guitar ''! The date is January 19 th . 2013 . As i said we will set up in a circle and use a C.D. or whatever to play along with then have a question and answer session . This is the time for any questions that you may have about your guitar ,set up ,tuning or whatever . Please R.S.V.P. so i will know how to prepare . If anyone wants to just come and listen thats ok with us also .

Where : Lighthouse Ministries ( Annex At Rear ) .
Address : 2295 South High Street .
: Columbus Ohio 43207.
Time : 12:00 to 6:00 .
Date : January 19 th . 2013 .

For information . Call Gary at (614)774-3109

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2012 11:36 am    

Ok i think we have about 10/12 folks telling me they are coming . We are looking forward to this ! This will be an eye opening and learning event ! I might add this will be a fun time for everyone . It will be relaxed and layed back ,no hurry or dumb questions ! Every question will be a good one and respected ! See how easy this is ? Laughing Be sure to bring a C.D. or whatever you want to play and talk about . We will find out how many ways you can approach a song , what fills are good and tasty , when to play and when to lay out etc . Things we all should know and learn the longer we play . Make sure you write down questions that you may want to ask ahead of time so you won't forget ,,ok ? Cool Believe me we will have a great time talking and laughing and just plain fun . Hope to see you then . Oh by the way if we have a little snow we will still have this . The roads will be ok to travel , they keep the roads fairly clear so '' DON'T ''let this keep you away . See you then . G.P.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2012 12:49 pm    

Bump .

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2013 6:34 am     '' Fun Day ''

Very Happy Guys and gals the sharing will be here a week from this Saturday . I hope that everyone that said they will come shows up for this learning experience . We will have a great crowd if everyone makes the sharing steel day ! See you there . G.P.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2013 12:38 pm     Will it be...

Open to all? A fee to help pay for the building? Donations to help? My wife says she has to be in Columbus on that day anywho. And since she is paying for the trip... May be able to make it.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2013 1:39 pm     '' It Sure Will Be ''

Very Happy Yes it's open to everyone . I got the building real cheap this time and it won't be much to pay for it . A small donation , that's all . This isn't a jam just a learning and sharing kind of thing . Hope to see you then . G.P.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2013 2:00 pm     Thanks...

Sure hope to make it. May not have to much to share, but sure have loads to learn. Always good to see how other approach the same playing situation.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2013 2:10 pm     '' Welcome''

Hi Dick . There is so much to know and share and this is the idea behind this . I have talked to some players about playing behind the chord and in front of a chord and they somehow don't understand what i'm talking about . Hopefully we will get to talk about this also . G.P.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2013 2:21 pm     Great Idea...

I actually like this concept much better then a jam... Come with an open mind and heart, willing to listen, then all can gain from anyones input. This is big Gary, I'm glad your on to it. As many steel players as there are in Ohio, the knowledge base is very wide and very deep. We all can be winners in this situation. Thank you for doing this...

I'll bring my smallest amp and head phones...

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2013 7:12 am     Driving from Lafayette, IN

I'm planning on driving over from Lafayette, IN on that Saturday. Hopefully I'll arrive about noon. See you guys then.

George

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2013 3:44 pm    

Ok guys hope to see you soon . G.P.

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2013 2:28 am     Sharing the steel guitar question

Hey Gary, do I bring my Steel? Steve B.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2013 1:41 pm    

Sure do Steve . And your amp also . Smile

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2013 2:18 pm    

Very Happy Two more days guys ! See you soon . G.P.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2013 6:02 pm    

Very Happy Well the sharing has come and gone . We had a fun day as i expected ! We will schedule another sharing in the near future . Thanks to everyone that came out . It's time to plan for the jam in march . Hope to see you then . G.P.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2013 6:20 pm     Great day, Gary...

Just wanted to say I had a great time today. I really like that laid back format, and it's always nice to see everyone I know and meet new players. Sorry I had to cut out early, happens sometimes... I'll be looking forward to your next Sharing event. Thank you for putting it on.

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 7:19 am     It was fun, thanks Gary

I made it back home safely about 8 PM. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed meeting everyone. I feel that my progress on learning pedal steel is moving in the right direction. Looking forward to future meetings.

George

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 11:16 am     '' Sharing ''

Very Happy Thanks guys we did have a great time . I will be looking forward to the next one . After doing this one i can see we need to think about how we do the next '' Sharing '' . We need to concentrate on one thing at a time i'm thinking . Your suggestions are valuable to us . Best regards . G.P.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 11:47 am    

I had a real good time. Boy I need to practice more !

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 12:10 pm    

Very Happy Hey Dustin . I think it was hard for everyone to concentrate on playing with everything that was going on . I know it was for me . G.P.

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 1:34 pm     Next time

Maybe at the next one we can concentrate on two or three songs that we decide on before the meeting and then go through them a little at a time. Since I'm working on beginning tabs maybe one song could be a beginner, then a more difficult one to follow for the more accomplished players. Just a thought.

George

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 2:32 pm    

Yes George this is what we want to hear from everyone . We want ideas from players that we can talk about . Thats why we call it '' sharing ''! Folks keep the ideas coming and we will work on them at the get together . This is great . Thanks George . Very Happy