The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Upright Bass Player,Santa Monica CA~Seeking Social Musicians
Brendan Bailey

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2023 10:12 pm    

Hey there!

I'm Brendan (40), a bassist with 25+ years experience, searching for folks to join me in some bi-monthly social jam sessions. I recently made the switch to Upright Bass and also groove with the Uke Bass and acoustic bass. My musical radar is fully ear-trained, so I can pick up on tunes in a snap!

Just a heads-up, my schedule isn't as flexible as I'd like (around twice a month, weekends preferred) because, by day, I'm an architect with a bustling career. I'm not aiming for any gig commitments or super structured setups; I'm here to chill, make friends, and create some fantastic music together.

I'm open to jamming with all genders, and it's all about the acoustic vibes since I parted ways with my electric gear. Specifically, I'm on the hunt for dobro/steel guitarists, acoustic guitarists, mandolin players, banjoists, fiddlers, drummers, percussionists, harmonica players, and any other unplugged musicians who share my passion.

My musical tastes are wide-ranging, from Bluegrass, Country (...and Western), Red Dirt, Folk, Americana, Reggae, and World Music to Blues and Classic Rock - anything that strikes a chord!

I reside in sunny Santa Monica 90404, so I'd love to connect with Westside folks within a 10-mile radius or a max 30-minute drive when traffic is kind. No long commutes after a busy workweek, right?

If you're down for some music and occasional pints or dog park hangs, that'd be awesome! We could scout for a nearby jam spot or even hit up Dockweiler Campfire Beach Jams or Canyon Jams.

If all of this resonates with you, let's chat! Send me a message, maybe we can meet up on a Sunday for a beer somewhere and chat about our musical passions and interests.

I'm all about honesty and transparency, so please give this a read and shoot me a PM if you think we'd make great music buddies!

Cheers,
Brendan 🎵🤘

P.S.: If I don't get back to you right away, it's not that I'm not interested in jamming. Please give me until the weekend, I promise to respond. Thanks y'all!