The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2013 Rick Alexander Non-Pedal Sessions TSGA March 7-10, 2013
Jeff Strouse

Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2012 1:32 am    

Please join us in Dallas for two days of Non-Pedal fun!

The Non-Pedal room will be open on Fri March 8 and Saturday March 9, 2013, from 10:00 AM until ???

We'll have featured players, an offical jam session, as well as an amatuer session so all can particpate.

A seminar is in the works, but it may not pan out (more info to come), however, there so much to learn just by watching the pros up close!

This year, we'll be featuring artists Billy Robinson, Bobby Black, Carco Clave, Doug Jernigan, Herb Steiner, Reece Anderson, Rose Sinclair, Jim Evans, Dewitt "Scotty" Scott, Chuck Lettes, Mark Roeder & Kristy Larson, Albert Talley, Dan Tyack, Ivan Reddington, Bob Blair, and many more!!!

We'll post more information as we draw closer. We'll also need help with backup (bass and rhythm) and some music stands. So please email me if you are interested.

More information on the logistics of the event can be found at the TSGA website. Click on "Jamboree":

www.texassteelguitar.org

The Sheraton is easy to get to from the DFW Airport, although it's full. There are many hotels right in that walking vicinity. The official overflow hotel will have regular shuttles back and forth to the Sheraton, and most also provide free shuttle serice to and from the airport. Information on the offical overflow hotel is on the TSGA website.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and support over the years. As a volunteer, non-profit event, it's the only way we can keep going.

We'll have more information coming soon.

Stay tuned!! Smile

Last edited by Jeff Strouse on 23 Nov 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

James Trout

Louisville, KY
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2012 4:16 am     Dallas Show

I went to this show last year for the first time and had a blast. Being a newbie to the slide guitar I was able to get great information and meet a bunch of wonderful people. If you can make a show, and you love lap steel, weissenborn, and resonator guitar music I would encourage you to attend - you won't find a better event...

Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2012 7:01 am    

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'm happy to report that my brother Rick is coming from Toronto - some of you will remember him from a couple of years ago.

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2012 7:02 am    

I'm going to mark the dates in my book!

Mark Roeder

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2012 11:01 am    

As Jeff mentioned we are working a non-pedal seminar for this year. I am excited about that possibility and think that it would be great to have as a regular feature of the Rick Alexander Room. The first time is always the hardest to get off the ground, but I am hopeful.