The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zum Encore
James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2014 1:18 am    

Yes indeed Tommy, this is a very beautiful steel and I am sure you will get much enjoyment as all of us have who have invested in it. It has quality too as well as appearance . Every best wish and success for the future. JAMES TAYLOR SCOTLAND Smile Smile Smile

Steve Perry

Elizabethtown Ky, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2014 7:23 am    

Still waiting on pics of your new blue Encore, Brady Redwine. Very Happy

Brady Redwine

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2014 7:46 am     Pics

here is a picture from a recent gig, next to my hammond/leslie 122 setup....It sounded great.

Steve Perry

Elizabethtown Ky, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2014 10:16 am     Re: Pics

Brady Redwine wrote:
here is a picture from a recent gig, next to my hammond/leslie 122 setup....It sounded great.

Wow!... Nice! I wish the blue was available when I got mine.

Fred Layman

Springfield, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2014 3:25 pm     steel guitar parts

The sheer number of hits on this site points to the value of the site for builders and hobbiests. I am machining bell cranks for my latest Flynn pedal steel (no. 31) from the picture of the bell cranks used by Chuck Back on his Desert Rose steels. A simple but very efficient design.

Brady Redwine

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 2:33 pm     Zume Encore Live

Here is a clip of me and my Encore at a gig this past Saturday in Dallas. Forgive my playing, long time dobro player, I am a baby pedal steel player but making progress.

http://youtu.be/aBA4vHNewYg

Tom Watterson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 8:34 pm     Re: Zume Encore Live

Brady Redwine wrote:
Here is a clip of me and my Encore at a gig this past Saturday in Dallas.

Sounds GREAT!! Nice playing!

Tom Watterson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 8:35 pm     Re: Zume Encore Live

Brady Redwine wrote:
Here is a clip of me and my Encore at a gig this past Saturday in Dallas.

Sounds GREAT!! Nice playing!

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2014 7:57 pm     Doug, is steel now available in blue?

Hi, Doug,
On page 10 of this post, Brady Redwine recently showed pictures of his new blue Encore.
Is it now possible to get one in blue formica? Thanks, stevet

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2014 6:28 am    

Steve, yes I do offer the nice blue mica now. Just sent one to Gary Carter a few weeks ago. It makes a very nice looking Encore.

steve takacs

Post  Posted 28 Oct 2014 6:46 am     Blue Encore

Doug,
That is great news that the blue formica is available. I assume it is this page on The Forum. Thx, Stevet

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2015 10:45 pm     Encore**Wait's almost over **

Talked to Doug this afternoon...about the end of the month on mine.great way celebrate turning 62 ! 4 pedals & black !

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2015 4:09 am    

I almost hate to announce it, but blue is the new black.
It looks beautiful, Brady, and sounds as fine with the band.

Do you have the Franklin pedal at 1 or 4?
(I hope the answer isn't 'I don't know yet!')

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2015 11:39 pm     Encore

Mine's on the way ! Black with four pedals & pad..... about another week or so !!!! Man,i CAN'T wait....have to take a day off work for that one....& my "request for time off" is already in.Doug has been great to work with & has patiently answered any questions & has been great for getting back to emails.and yep,looks like i'll be in mighty good company ! YouTube sound clips have been few,but thanks to Mule & Doug Palmer,Brady Redwine & Eddie Lane,i did get a little listen @ what awaits....and it sounds mighty good.Hardest thing about this has been "what color ?" every one i've seen has just been beautiful...but traditional black won out.

steve takacs

Post  Posted 25 Feb 2015 3:13 am     Don't forget the Poole mouse

Bob, You must put a decal of your little mouse avatar on your Encore. Enjoy playing that steel.

I had hoped to have ordered an Encore by now but need to wait.

Besides being a quite good looking, stable, excellent sounding, and playing steel, for a 4 & 5 with a pad Doug's Encore was $1000 less than a competitor's steel. stevet

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2015 6:27 pm     Encore

Steve,thanks,I may try & find a mouse or see if I can get my wife to do one, a sticker of that one.i know it can be done...talked to Doug this afternoon & it should be on it's way first to middle of next week.it's been a while since I was actually able to play....a year ago my vision was getting bad enough to cause me problems & it progressed quickly...hopefully it will be ok now.i am wearing reading glasses for up close,distance vision is pretty decent.thanks.I'll sure post on here when I get it.God bless

James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2015 9:53 am    

I never knew when I started this post a while ago it would still be coming up time and time again. I do simply love my ENCORE and it is my best friend ; don't tell my wife. JAMES TAYLOR SCOTLAND , in the backwoods way up north.

Ben Waligoske

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 24 May 2016 2:32 pm    

Couldn't resist posting in this thread, mostly as a tip of the cap to Doug Earnest of Stage One Steel Guitars...

Earlier today I took delivery on this Blue/Black 2-tone 4x5 Encore, and while it comes as no surprise to most folks in these parts, this is a heck of a guitar. I've spent the last couple hours playing hard on it and right out of the box and I'm sure happy with the action, tone, tuning stability, and looks of this axe. Great value, and my back is very happy to have another option besides my D10 for certain gigs and to be able to fly with. It's set up almost identically to my Super Pro's E9 neck but with a couple extra changes and a Franklin Pedal... I'm a happy camper! Mr. Green Mr. Green Cool Cool

I also want to state that Doug was an absolute pleasure to deal with, and want to thank him for all of his humor, communication, and all the hard work he puts into getting these steels out into the world. Speaking as a younger player and also knowing that there once existed a time when steels of this quality/value ratio simply did not exist, I can't commend the Stage One brand enough for doing what they do and I think we'll all look back over time and realize what a great thing Doug is doing. So - thank you Doug and team!

And of course, a requisite couple of photos:

[/img]

Last edited by Ben Waligoske on 26 May 2016 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Karl Paulsen

Chicago
    Post  Posted 25 May 2016 12:00 pm    

She's a beauty!
    I've got the same guitar in pecan/teak finish and feel exactly the same way about it. Doug is great to deal with and my teacher tells me almost every lesson how much he likes my steel.

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
    Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 9:18 am    

What;s the wait time on these now?

bob

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
    Post  Posted 14 Sep 2016 5:07 pm    

A new one just touched down in New Zealand for Greg Thompson ... you will notice something slightly different -- they now sport new polished endplates :-}

Looks fabulous...

Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
    Post  Posted 14 Sep 2016 5:35 pm    

Paddy Long wrote:
    A new one just touched down in New Zealand for Greg Thompson ... you will notice something slightly different -- they now sport new polished endplates :-}

Looks fabulous...

Nice!

bob

James Taylor

United Kingdom
    Post  Posted 15 Sep 2016 12:40 am     End Plates

These end plates look real nice and certainly set the guitar on a different plain on appearance. They are great guitars and I have had mine for just over three years and all who see it admire this very professional guitar. Yes Doug is a great person and so very helpful all along the way for: customer satisfaction, explanation of anything in detail, after sales service is a bonus. It is not just the sale of an instrument he requires but total and continual satisfaction. I was new to this instrument and had never seen one played so I tested the poor fellow to the limits and his total KINDNESS I WILL NEVER FORGET. YOU ARE THE BEST IN THIS INDUSTRY SO EVERY BEST WISH JAMES TAYLOR---- SLANGE Smile Smile Smile

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
    Post  Posted 15 Sep 2016 9:47 am    

Has anyone measured the Encore's cabinet drop, if any? Curious how stable the tuning is.

Are the polished endplates I saw in a photo now stock on them?

Doug, I love how the first pedal is so close to the front leg, that's where I like my zero pedal and on many steels it's not easy to get it that far over. Good job!

Is the pickup cavity wide?

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 15 Sep 2016 10:27 am    

John my Encore needs regular tuning, and exhibits subtle but audible cabinet drop- havent measured the specifics. The tuning seems slightly less stable than a gfi i had once, and the cabinet drop about the same. In my experience, nothing unusual for a light S10. Also worth mentioning, the guitar gets set up and broken down most days, and has flown a lot.

I'd be grateful if any owners could take the time to post some detailed undercarriage shots of their Encores- my levers are smooth and easy but my pedals don't have smooth travel, even after a recent lube job.