The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  The Milkman Sound Pedal Steel and Guitar Amplifiers
Tim Marcus

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2012 5:14 pm    

Hey folks - its been a long time coming - I am finally announcing the 2 Milkman amp models to my friends on the steel forum:

The Pedal Steel Amp starts at $2999 including shipping to the US. Its a single channel 85W amp with tube reverb and a 15" SICA speaker. Comprised of only the finest, hand selected components, this amp was designed to be the "Bentley" of steel amps from the ground up based on my favorite american amplifier circuits.

Each amp is hand wired, hand assembled, and hand numbered right here in the USA. Designed to last a lifetime. 55lbs

The Milkman Guitar amplifier starts at $2399 and is a 20W Cathode Biased Princeton Reverb® based amplifier with a 12" Jupiter C12 loudspeaker. It is designed to take 6V6 or 6L6 output tubes which can be interchanged with no need to adjust bias. The amp has the feel of a Tweed era amp, but with the features of a Princeton Reverb® and the output of a Deluxe Reverb®. Its got tremolo, and a full sized 17" reverb tank. And yes - pedal steel sounds gorgeous out of this amp! Its become my personal secret weapon for quiet gigs and recording sessions. 35lbs.

please visit www.milkmansound.com for more details.

Every amp comes with a padded slip cover and a T Shirt
Milkman Sound on Twitter

Steve Lipsey

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2012 9:05 am    

I just got a Milkman Steel amp. I can't even begin to describe how this thing sounds....Tim really nailed it for steel players. Lush, harmonically rich tones with more bass than a bass amp and plenty of sparkle too...and a 3-knob reverb. Hints of all the great amps of the past, but somehow this combination of features and a dash of his secret mojo take it to another level....yeah, I'm a bit wowed right now...

If you are in the Portland, OR area, come on by and take it for a spin. But make sure to give you checkbook to someone else before you do, or you will find yourself with a silly grin on your face, writing a check to Tim......