The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ken Fox upgrade on Peavey NV 112
Bryan Irwin

Northern Ireland
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2012 10:36 am    

Just to-day I fitted new chips to my NV112.These were supplied by Ken Fox.Firstly, Ken is an excellent person to do business with.Secondly,this is a straight forward upgrade - done carefully, and thirdly this has probably been the best thing I have done to improve the sound. The difference is unbelievable. If you want to improve your sound at low cost consider a chip upgrade,See Ken Fox web site. It seems not all NV112's are suitable for DIY upgrade.

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2012 1:34 pm    

I did that upgrade awhile back and commented then,but it bears repeating:Well worth doing,and Ken's definitely One Of The Good Guys. Very Happy

Johnny Thomasson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2012 4:35 pm     Ken Fox

I put Ken's chips in a late model NV400, and the improvement was remarkable! I used that amp mainly for fiddle, and fiddles absolutely torture amps. Compared to electric fiddle, getting great amp tone from a PSG is a walk in the park. Most give you an upper-middy "horn" tone that you just can't dial out.

The amp was much smoother and responsive after the chip upgrade. Much less coloration, and I could dial in a tone pretty darn close to an acoustic fiddle. And it ran quieter. With PSG, it was ballsier, clearer, and had much better string separation. I ended up selling it to a guitar player, and his Strat sounds incredible through it. I wasn't looking to sell it, but after playing through it, the guy made me an offer I just couldn't refuse.

The chip upgrade was the best money I ever spent!