The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Crime!, Trouble In My Way!" Bishop R.P.Hall
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2011 7:59 am    

To my fellow musicians,
As we approach the coming year, this video came to my heart. I composed this rather solemn piece to raise the conscious awareness concerning the condition of this world that we live in. It is my first, and probably my only social commentary statement of fact, that I will ever make here, or anywhere else. I think "I" know what needs to be done, but as I say in the video, "Do You???"
This video contains graphic scenes, So be forwarned. It is within I feel, our "Terms of Membership Agreement, Rules and Policies". I will always respect them, and in saying that, "bOb" will always have the final decision if violatons are evident to his discretion. So I invite your attention to observe with sight, and thought, and hopefully meditation!
Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ojEwHYehs

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2011 11:13 am    

Ironically, with today's technology it's become almost impossible to get away with crime...
...except that the law enforcement agencies have been so deprived of funds and resources that they don't have the time and manpower to follow up reports of crimes.

With today's technology, almost every crime is solvable if you put enough people onto it.

So, the problem is one of finance. We can afford to pump money into industries which are making record profits, but we cannot afford to fund police departments. Why not ? Because the profits go into the hands of the banks and the industrialists. Why waste money protecting the working class ?
Keep them in poverty and crime and they won't make any wage demands, they'll be only too glad to work for peanuts with no benefits. And if they protest, then send the work abroad to countries where the workers are even more oppressed and work for almost nothing.

And there's no way out. In a country where 1% of the population owns everything, the 99% should have a voice, but they don't. They have two bloated capitalist parties to vote for, both of which are funded by the industrialists.

And don't even think of voting for a third party candidate. He'll just take votes from the other two parties, but will never win. Crying or Very sad