The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  David Stewart's fab steel site
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2011 11:55 pm    

Forum member, David Stewart, may be well known by most here, but I must confess he's somehow flown under my radar until now, and wow have I been missing something! Here's his wide ranging and informative steel web site http://www.steelc6th.com/
If for nothing else, he has TABs plus a ton of golden era music to dload, and provides many showcasing his own playing. I'm a fan!

Jerome Hawkes

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2011 11:43 am    

i had seen his site before some time ago and sort of skimmed thru it - but today took a deeper look, and WOW - he has a REALLY nice site with a variety of useful information - a true labor of love.

i was one of those steelers who never really took to the hawaiian side of the instrument, (being raised in the hills of NC it was about as far away as you could get from a 5string banjo) but have come to appreciate it more and more and his site was very helpful - sure makes you want to go to Hawaii!

Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2011 2:55 am     SteelC6th website

Thanks guys for the boost for my website. It is a labor of love. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to everyone!

Young people oftentimes ask me questions about learning to play steel guitar when I'm playing in public, especially at the beach. Many people have never seen a lap steel and it is fascinating to hear it. So I made my website as a means to help and inspire others around the world to learn to play the steel guitar, particularly Hawaiian music. Instead of burning CDs to give others, I just tell them about my website. It is a privilege to introduce others to such a beautiful gift from God.

Here's a wonderful quote from Kayton Roberts...

Quote:
...In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, he gave man so many good things to enjoy. He gave us a steel guitar to play if we choose to. This to me, is the most expressive instrument in the world. It fulfills a special hunger in my life and it won’t hurt you, as a lot of bad things in this world will. I met my wife Iva Lee while playing the steel guitar, our children followed, altogether they are my most treasured possessions!

SOURCE: Steel Guitar World magazine, Jan/Feb, 1993 issue

I'm always thinking of ways to make my website better. It'll always be free. I made the website to share my heart through music and hopefully inspire others as well to learn Hawaiian steel guitar. I'll always be a student myself.

Here's a nice video that I just made...

WEAR A LEI

Here's some tabs...

"WEAR A LEI" TABS

Here's the MP3 rhythm track...

"WEAR A LEI" MP3 RHYTHM TRACK

God bless

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2013 11:23 am    

Hi Dave, My wife and myself do hope that this New Year brings you less bodily pain, and more joy in your music.
We think of you and hope and pray..
Basil

Steelies do it without fretting

CLICK THIS to view my tone bars and buy——>