The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  I Made a Promise
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 6:04 am    

And I am finally able to keep that promise, and my promise is I will always be a proud member of this Forum!!!!

I have friends on this Forum who have prayed for my wife and myself. I have had fun trying to make you smile,some have not smiled but thats ok.

I promised that when I felt it was time I would do what I had to do. I have reached the end of the trail here. I promised I would hang up my glove at 4737 posts,so Im a little early, I want to thank those of you I call friends.

I appreciate your buying my cd's because I wanted to sell them for a good cause.

People like Fred Shannon and Reece and Everett Cox have helped me. You see when I was with Fender I made a good living,but over the years I have helped my mom and dad during the final years of their lives.

I have helped my children through tough times I helped my friends in need,,my money from my days at Fender have been invested with bonds with Merril Lynch and thak god for Fender all those years under the direction of Donald D. Randall.The help I received from Fred Shannon and Reece was donated to the Cancer Foundation and I thank them for that,they were kind to do as they have, Marilyn has a beautiful spot that my daughter Lorrie picked out for us in Somers New York.........a place we will be together for an Eternity, under a weeping willow tree!

I have been having a good time and as of late trying to find an outlet for my grieving over the loss of my best friend and today is her birthday.Marilyn would be happy to know that, my time that is left will be posting on this Forum and I will.

She always told me to stick with it, I have tried and suceeded. I will be a member of this Forum for as long as God keeps me here!

There are no more CDS of the Hot Club Of America, bOb lee has sold all of what was left, and I thank him for this and all he's done for all of us Forum members

Jody

Last edited by Jody Carver on 7 Oct 2012 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 6:46 am    

We are blessed to have you here, Jody.

Thank you for everything.

Joey

Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 6:59 am    

I wish you wouldn't go Jody. We need you here. I have learned so much from you. Please don't go.

Roger Kelly

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 7:22 am    

Jody, I don't have the words in my vocabulary to tell you how sorry I am for the loss you have suffered losing you wife.
I do not know anything about the one, or ones, who have impunged your integerty here on this Forum. I am very sorry to hear this.
Your posting on here has been a delight to read for my money, and if anyone knows more about FENDER I don't know who it would be?
I would suppose about all of us are just ONE sickness away from going Bankrupt. So, don't feel like you are alone there my friend. I hope that you will think about the players on here who benefit from your expertise, who I would imagine are many, and ignore those who for what ever reason, has brought you to this decision. You have my best wishes and hope for future happiness, no matter what you decide. Thanks for all the posts you made that I enjoyed reading. You were fun to have on here.

Emmett Roch

Texas Hill Country
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 7:30 am    

Jody, this forum is a better place because of you being here. Your knowledge and generosity have enriched us all.

I've always enjoyed your posts and looked forward to the next one.

I pray that God will grant you peace and comfort, and an easy journey down whichever road you take from this point on.

Leigh Howell

Edinburgh, Scotland * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 8:04 am    

Jody.
I'm truly sorry to hear that your going to leave the forum. Tho I never met you in person, I feel very close as we have all shared your grief here. When I first joined the forum you sent me some pictures of your Lhasha's,and the rest of your family.Whatever you do, or wherever you go may the Good Lord always be with you!
Leigh

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 10:23 am    

Jody-Don't give up. Don't leave the Forum. We are family, you can talk to us. We need you. The Forum would not be the same without you!

You ars so talented in so many ways. I hope you will get that book published. You need to keep going, don't drop out. Take off a few days and think about it.....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 10:47 am    

Jody I second what Al and the others have said. Please don't make any "rash" decisions. I can tell you that your reasoning ability is compromised at this time,,,and probably will be for a while. I'm saying this from personal experience and NOT from a derogatory stand point. I know you've heard it thousands of times these past few weeks but it's true, "it's gonna take some time". Please give it some time. This forum truely IS family,,,with the exception of a few blacksheep, which every family has! Whether you like it or not, you're depressed and very justifiably so,,,let us help all we can. I don't know you and didn't know your wife but I can't believe she would want you to turn away from those things you love. Please reconsider!

Al Johnson

Sturgeon Bay, WI USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 10:59 am    

I'm only 71 years young not in perfect health I never played steel but am a hugh fan. I believe Jody should be with us here on the forum as long as he can type out his message They are always interesting. I appreciate the input here of Jody Carver.
Life goes on when you go on. Al

Paul Arntson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 11:14 am    

Jody,
You are a true gentleman. We are priveleged to have your knowledge and humor among us. Remember, you can still post if you feel the urge or you happen to change your mind.

I wish all the best to you. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. And most of all, thanks for playing so great and being such a good person.

Sincerely,
Paul Arntson

Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 11:16 am    

Jody
I have read almost every comment you
posted on Forum. I enjoyed your
look back at the Fender years.
Such great stories.
You will be missed.

------------------
Rick Johnson

SCOTT TYLER

NEWINGTON,CONN.,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 11:25 am    

Jody -
Please don't leave the forum, we need your spirit and enthusiasm. You have a TON of friends here (including me) and we need you to keep posting. Rethink your decision and stay around buddy!

Ron Brennan

Orlando, Florida, USA; Formerly, Edison, NJ
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 1:31 pm    

Jody,

I 2nd & 3rd what Al Marcus & Sonny Jenkins posted. They and all the others resonate the formidably strong sentiments that we all have for you.

With the strongest sense of fellowship and respect for you, we urge you to please take your time about this decision.

"Well done is better than well said", both of which, you have done all your life.

Please know, all of us have an infinite connection with you for what you have said to us and for what you have done with your life.

You & many forumites, are from the "old school". You can be couched in the knowledge, that all of us believe "Jody Carver is one Class Act".

And nobody, I mean nobody, can tarnish your good name with us. EVER!!

The door will never shut on real brothers and friends......Please, at least for our sake, stay with your brothers and friends on this wonderful forum....you are understood and needed. Thank you for all the good you have done for us.....TX

With the greatest and warmest respect,

Ron

------------------
JCFSC member since 2005
"55" Stringmaster D8,"59" Stringmaster D6
"67" Telecaster,
"60"Fender Concert Amp 4-10's

[This message was edited by Ron Brennan on 17 February 2005 at 07:39 AM.]

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 1:46 pm    

Jody, like Al says "we're Family"
you know that & so did Marilyn
i sincerely hope it was'nt the Family that questioned your integrity & made you hang 'em up
from Hell's kitchen to Knighthood, a New Yawker never hangs up de gloves man !
until he moves to Florida or the Bahamas
you mean a Knight can just ride off like a cowboy ?
who you takin' w: you to take care of the pack mule ?
don't ferget pants - yep ! xtra pants
now just where are you & Gene hookin' up ?
South of the Border ?
you ain't goin' to the Grand Tetons at this time of the year
(actually these two guys hade it planned out right from the start)
(Smiley's probably in on it too.....)
(and Roy .....)
now that you got the Family all shook up Jody,
you still have to round up the other Knights and get their approval on your leaving us
last but not least :
whos gonna fill yer shoes & tweed ?

i'll join in w: the others to say that
i'm truly sorry that you are leaving the forum & i sure don't wanna see you go
your postings here have been a delight and made this forum a better & funnier place
Thanx fer that !
Reconsider what you're about to do
send me the name of the culprit & i'll get the A team & premod to rub him up

Jody,i'm pretty sure that even if you do cut us loose now
you'll be back to tell us more,
cause you'll miss the Family
especially on Sunday
when you'll smell bisquits & hear a singin' joyful noise
Vaya con Dios amigo Sir Knight

time fer a song:
Farris don't wan't anymore Possum
cause Jody's done gone & quit the Forum
ain't there nothin' we can do or say

Tay Joslin

Clarksvillle, Tennessee USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 2:43 pm    

Mr. Jody,
I met you and your lovely, late wife in St. Louis in September 2004. I briefly congratulated you for your accomplishment in becoming a member of the International Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, and then departed. I am 25 years old, and I have only been affiliated with the steel guitar community for about two years, but you are one of the most inspiring gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Good luck with your endeavors, and may God bless you! TAKE CARE!

Yours truly,
Tay Joslin
Newbern, Tennessee
U.S.A.

J W Alexander

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 3:11 pm    

Jody I'm sure at one time we've all been "crossed up" here or any where else we dare to post and certainly now and again some small minded so and so will question our motives or actions. Remembering they ARE indeed small minded keeps me from leaving any forum----I'll NOT let the uninformed or unknowledgable run me from some place I feel at home.

Your contributions here as well as the world of music in general is something you need to be proud of and continue to share your experience as you have so generously done in the past. To have you withdraw not only saddens those who DO appreciate your participation but will be made to suffer because ONE (or a vast minority) have made foolish, insensitive and dumb comments.

Like so many here I've not met you in person but you have lived a life and have garnered experience and stories no one else can share with those of us who ARE intested. You have a wealth of knowledge that 99.999% of us want and need if for no other reason than knowing our history---from whence we come, in other words! Your association with Leo Fender alone is worth every moment I've spent reading your stories----some are downright funny as He** and others show what made that man tick. Everything else you've shared is equally as informative and fascinating, too!

You know better than anyone there aren't many left who can set us young un's straight and remind us not too many things are really new---most are just newly packaged. When you pass on your memories we all benefit because we're hearing it from the very person who was there and quite possibly responsible for many many benefits we enjoy today----who better to tell your story than you?!?!

My friend, please don't leave us there to fend for ourselves---think of what a mess we'll create without YOUR guiding hand!

Sincerely, your fan,

J W Alexander

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 3:37 pm    

Jody my friend we all would like you to reconsider your thoughts of leaving the forum . It doesn't matter what some people say about things that we like or don't like . You are the best read guy on the forum ! Everyone loves to read the things that you have done or will do . You are the greatest . Please give it some thought and remember ''we love you man '' . God bless you . Gary .

Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 3:38 pm    

Hey Bubba, the people on this Forum know you for what you are, and if someone has a problem with that, tell 'em to put it where the sun don't shine. If you leave this Forum, I'll come up there and beat you with a rusty shovel. I know how much you enjoy reading the posts, and also how much you have, and will continue to, contribute to the steel guitar community. Don't forsake us because of some idiot action perpetrated by an idiot/s. Just remember WWMD. I don't think she would want you to give up the pleasures you have here. Luv' ya.

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 6:38 pm    

Jody,
I have no idea what this is all about, as I haven't been on the Forum since yesterday.

But I do know that I'm REALLY ticked off. How can you do this to us?? I doubt you would say the person who made the insensitive comment is MORE important than your friends - but this action is severe - and I'm sorry, but as moderator of Extended Family and Humor, I've stolen some locks from Joey Ace - You're locked in! . . . and you can't get out!!
And I've swallowed the key!!
Lock

Laurie Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 6:46 pm    

Bravo Donna! I couldn't have said it any better. Jody, snap out of it. Remember what I told you. Somebody has to stay on this form and keep us straight and I know Marilyn WOULD NOT WANT THIS! You're locked in here anyway! Hugs, Laurie

Joe Miraglia

Jamestown N.Y.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 7:30 pm    

Jody You are to strong a person to let some one get you down! After all one goes through in life you should take it like a grain of salt. I wish I could write like you do,I know you would know what to say to a forum member that said they where quitting. We love you. Joe

[This message was edited by Joe Miraglia on 16 February 2005 at 07:45 PM.]

James Cann

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 7:30 pm    

Can't say I know anything of it either, but I've seen your name often enough to know you as a force for good here on the forum.

So, as you go on your decision which, by the posts, is a provocative one, be well and happy, and as I would imagine along with many, many others, you will always be welcome on any return you make.

Every good wish.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2005 8:31 pm    

"She always told me to stick with it, I have tried and suceeded. But this time I am no longer going to be a member of this Forum."

And now, after all your sucesses, you have failed the friends who love you the most.

Perry Hansen

Bismarck, N.D.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 4:43 am    

Jody. I've never been able to express myself in words, so I'm going to say two things: 1. Don't go. 2. All of the above and more.

Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2005 5:31 am    

Jody,
I commend you for all you have done for this Forum. And I'm sure you have good cause for your decision.
My best to you as always my friend.
Don