The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1994 Gibson L-4 CES (Wine Red)
Kerry Hutcherson

Richmond, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2011 7:11 pm    

I’m offering to sell my 1994 Wine Red Gibson L-4 CES for $3200 (U.S.) or best offer. It’s in “Excellent” condition, and I’ve been the sole owner since acquiring the guitar new from a dealer. I’m claiming that the guitar is in “Excellent” condition because there is a tiny nick on the cutaway, there are a few really minor, shallow surface scratches on the back, and the frets have a little wear but still have plenty of life left (I'll post some photos later that show all parts of the guitar as well as these tiny instances of normal wear). I played this guitar a lot when I was playing a lot of jazz in the ‘90s, and although I’ve enjoyed using the guitar for other styles of music, I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t play it enough.

The Gibson L-4 CES is widely regarded as a premier jazz guitar, and it features a solid carved spruce top, laminated maple rim and back, and a one-piece mahogany neck. The binding is multi-ply on the top and the back and neck feature single white binding. The bridge is an ABR-1 with a gold-plated brass tailpiece, and all hardware is gold. The guitar has a 20-fret ebony fingerboard with parallelogram inlays, the cutaway is Florentine-style, and the ebony bridge base has pearl inlays. The guitar has two ‘57 Classic humbucking pickups as well as the standard Gibson three-position selector switch and two-volume, two-tone control knobs.

The guitar comes with its original pink plush Gibson case. I’ll pay shipping via UPS ground anywhere in the lower 48 United States. If you live somewhere else, let me know and I’ll work out some arrangement with you. I'll post photos in the next day or two.

Kerry Hutcherson

Richmond, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2011 6:09 pm     1994 Gibson L-4 CES (Wine Red)

Okay folks, here are some photos of the guitar that I listed for sale.

Kerry Hutcherson

Richmond, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2011 4:17 pm     1994 Gibson L-4 CES (Wine Red)

Mr. Moderator, please lock this one up; I ended up selling the guitar locally through Craig's List, but thanks for hosting my ad on the Forum.

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2011 7:22 pm     L4

Man that's a nice guitar! I've always wanted one. It looks like an ES-175, but it's much more, with the carved spruce top rather than laminated maple. Classy.