The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  81 Band In A Box Songs
Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2011 7:19 am    

Below are some rhythm tracks which I have made using BIAB. I have version 2010.5 that I purchased last year. A newer version is now available.

Here is the MP3 track for "I Can't Help It," that I made using a real fiddle intro, real drums and real bass...

I CAN'T HELP IT RHYTHM TRACK

Here is a video of me playing along with the very same BIAB track...

I CAN'T HELP IT

For those of you who are new to BIAB, in the new BIAB, you have the option to change any instrument in a particular style to a "real" instrument if it's not already real. By "real" I mean actual ".wav" recordings by professional musicians. It's really amazing what they have done with BIAB. I think it is very nice, although nothing can replace the feel of a real band working together. Still, BIAB is much better than some bands I've heard...lol.

Here's a BIAB MP3 track that I made for "Song For Sarah"...

SONG FOR SARAH RHYTHM TRACK

Here is a video of me playing along with the very same track...

SONG FOR SARAH

There's a style called "Slow Country" which I like because it already has real instruments in it (some styles use all real instruments, and others don't, but most are a combination). I like all real instruments usually. The drums are great.

Here are 81 of my BIAB ".SGU" and ".MGU" files (compiled into a WinZIP file) which you can download to work with yourself. These files won't be useful without version 2010.5 or newer and all of the styles. Albeit, I'm sharing them with those who have the newer version and styles. I have made a list of some of the songs for those of you who don't have WinZip or may only want certain songs. Enjoy! ...

BIAB SOURCE FILES

Also, make sure that your computer speakers have a SUB WOOFER (the bigger speaker on the floor that gives you a nice bass sound). It's worth buying a nice set of computer speakers to give you more of a live band sound when you play or record live. Your BIAB songs will only sound as good as your computer's sound capabilities and speaker system. That's what I do for my YouTube videos.

Kindest regards and God bless.

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2011 9:56 am    

Thanks Dave. I downloaded the 81 tracks. I'll check them out. Very Happy