The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mike Sigler is a great player
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2013 3:40 pm    

Mike, I just wanted to say that I have been listening to you ever since I started playing and I think that you are darn good at what you do and an I am glad you are part of this community! Can I get a witness? Cool

Keep doing what you're doing.

Paul Norman

Washington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2013 4:01 pm    

I agree. "Girl in the glass" cannot be beat.

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2013 7:15 pm    

Double Post Oh Well

Last edited by Roger Shackelton on 16 Jan 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2013 7:16 pm     Mike Sigler

Here's Mike Sigler Playing"Girl in The Glass". Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhFRsf3sug8

ROGER

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2013 9:38 pm    

Thanks Guys, it's nice to know someone is really listening out there... I will be turning 50 this year, so the kind words really make me feel like i made a contribution... My best to all of you!
Mike Sigler

Zane King

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2013 7:07 pm    

I really got to know Mike a bit better this past year at the St. Louis show. I don't think there is any question that Mike could be the most underrated player I have heard! I know he is getting his due here and there but I still think more folks need to check the depth of his playing out. Like with many players I know, it takes a certain amount of ability to know the difference between a really good player and a true virtuoso. Mike Sigler is definitely the later from what I have heard. And I'm looking forward to hearing more!!!!

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 8:59 pm    

He just played the SWSGA in Phoenix and brought down the house - He had two shows and was ON for both of them

Great guy and great player

He sang a song with Russ Hicks who was his warm up act on Saturday night at the show

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Georg Sørtun

Mandal, Agder, Norway
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 9:23 pm    

Mike Sigler is indeed a great player!

james sluder

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 11:26 pm     Girl in the glass is great.

Mike Sigler wrote:
Thanks Guys, it's nice to know someone is really listening out there... I will be turning 50 this year, so the kind words really make me feel like i made a contribution... My best to all of you!
Mike Sigler

I have your vidio of girl in the glass on f/b and everyone loves it .

I have wore it out trying to learn it lol !

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 3:25 am    

Mike, You are a fantastic player for sure. And let me welcome you the the 50's club too.

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 9:48 am    

Mike is a fine Christian gentleman first and is a really great steel player. I spent a couple of hours in the GFI room playing and singing and having a truly wonderful time with Mike.
They don't need to play any better than Mike, just vary their styles.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 7:20 pm    

Mike certainly deserves all the nice comments above. He is not only a great steel player, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. And he bales me out when I need him to play at the SWSGA to fill an early morning slot on short notice!! Thanks Mike, you are a blessing!!

Billy Easton

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 3:19 am    

Guys i am very humbled to say the least, at all the Wonderful Comments... I thank you all, and want you to know that each one of you are special to me as well... I thank God, and respect every minuite we have together... God Bless one and all..
Mike

Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 4:58 am     Girl in the Glass

The first time I heard the "Girl in the Glass" was when Mike introduced it out in St. Louis many years ago. At the time I didn't know it had any words, but listening choke me up, as I had just lost my significant other of 20 years to Alzheimer's. The only thing left now are memories and her picture in a glass frame. In Mike's soulful playing style, I could hear her crying to be released. I don't really ever want to hear the words, as the melody alone will always have great meaning to me. Thanks Mike, for bringing it to us. -Bill

Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 1:36 pm    

I totally agree. I could listen to this gentleman all day. I'm pushing eighty and the older I'm allowed to visit in this life, more and more each day, I realize just what a miracle life is. And to think how I used to let some things bother me that today are meaningless. These days I like to go out to restaurants, eat and watch the young people and their children. Sometimes a child will approach me and hug my neck; that's my payday.

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2013 7:38 am    

Thanks so much guys..
Mike

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 9:40 am    

Can't add much to what's already been said, except that I agree. One of the tops! For sure.

Darrell Birtcher

Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 11:50 am    

The better half and I stocked up on Mike's cd's at the SWSGA show. They are all fantastic. Highly recommended!! Thanks for always coming out to the Phoenix shows. We love you man!

Don Brown, Sr.

New Jersey
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 1:07 pm    

Well, I certainly go along with all of the above and then add, take a listen to his singing talent as well!

And yes in deed, his tune "The Girl In The Glass" jumped up and grabbed me and all I could say was WOW!! What a tune! Then ran for my steel, as I'm guessing just as many others did as well.

Mike is also first and foremost, a great individual because he knows who to Thank for all of the talent he's been Blessed with. And I'm sure to Mike, that comes first and foremost.

Sincerely,,,,,,,,,,,, Don

Joel Johnston

Mead, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 9:26 pm     A great talent and an outstanding human being

I need to add my voice to this chorus. Mike is so easy going and a joy to be around; a true gentleman and a generous soul. Last year in PHX, my Dad and I jammed endlessly with Mike in the GFI room and Mike generously invited me to play bass on his showcase. We always enjoy attending these steel guitar events, but Mike made PHX 2012 extra special for us. So sorry we missed him and all the other great players there this year.

pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2013 9:02 am     Mike Sigler

he gets it done and then some ,sings great also,go see his show sometime ,you will enjoy it,multi talented and a great person also.. Very Happy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2013 10:04 am    

I usually spend most of my time in Dallas listening to and visiting with Mike in the GFI room, Zane in the Jackson room and the non pedal sessions. Mike is at the very top of the PSG food chain,,,,and a SUPER nice guy. A pleasure to be around and listen to!!!

jackie harmon

sherman texas usa
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2013 12:53 pm     Az. Show

I had the pleasure of playing a few tunes with Mike at the AZ. show what a treat.Super nice guy and a great player .

Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2013 11:33 am    

Love the girl in the glass. never listened to any one yet play it better than Mike.great player.and Don you are so right.i don't think there was anyone that didn't run to there guitars when they heard him play that one including me.

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2013 11:53 am     Regarding this post...............

I truly enjoyed your performance here on this thread.

Not only is your tone really wonderful but I found great pleasure in listening to your gentle caressing of the pedals. Something not always heard in todays' playing circles.

THANKS very much for sharing with the rest of us.