The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  St. Blues Bluesmaster II - MINT - sold, thanks for looking
Mike Anderson

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 25 May 2011 9:05 am    

St. Blues Bluesmaster II in natural ash with maple neck and cream binding, tweed hard case. ABSOLUTELY MINT, barely touched, exceptional fit and finish, designed in Memphis TN and no longer in production, replaced by the $2000+ version with Lollars. $700 INCLUDING shipping (I've added shipping - gotten some great deals here since I joined and would like to give one in return).

Two hand-wound tapped single-coil pickups, nickel-plated Wilkinson vintage tuners, Wilkinson vintage Tele-style bridge with brass saddles. A really sweet light ash guitar that feels very intimate due to the small body. Beautiful classic Tele tone, you can hear samples of it here: http://www.saintblues.com/Sound-Lab-sp-4.html (click on the "watch video" link under the Bluesmaster II). This is now the main guitar of lifelong Tele player and reggae legend Earl "Chinna" Smith: http://www.myspace.com/earlchinnasmith/photos.

The guitar was professionally set up within the last month. Includes tweed hard case, digital tuner, and tweed strap. Please email for more pics.

Last edited by Mike Anderson on 26 May 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike Anderson

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 26 May 2011 6:36 am    

I'm going to drop this to $650 including shipping. A guy is making a private offer on eBay but I'd rather sell to a member here if possible.

cheers,
Mike.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 May 2011 9:26 am    

mike..i'm not shopping, but i've been very intrigued with these guitars. i love the look. how would you compare these to the sound and feel of a tele?

Mike Anderson

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 28 May 2011 2:24 pm    

chris ivey wrote:
mike..i'm not shopping, but i've been very intrigued with these guitars. i love the look. how would you compare these to the sound and feel of a tele?

Hi Chris - seriously, they are meant in every way to be a Tele with a small Paul-type body. The tapped pickups provide a really wide range of tones, but if you want that twang, you have it. Don't take my word for it - you've really got to check out the video clips of bluesman John D'Amato at the website. I'm very much a clean tone guy myself, but it likes a bit of dirt too if that's your style. And they are great right out of the box, nothing more to do. Hell of a bargain IMO.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 May 2011 3:38 pm    

very cool. i want one. i'll let you know if i fall into some money soon...