The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Trade 1983 USA Strat
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2011 12:34 pm    

Trades only... I have no need for 3 strats. They are all equally good, all pristine, great players and all sound killer.. I basically picked this one out of the hat.. Its in flawless condition, NO issues, and was set up recently including a fret level and bone nut by one of NY states premier luthiers. Will trade for equal value, but am NOT interested in Korean Or Chinese stuff.
Best trade offer gets it.. This axe is spotless, and has NO fret or playwear, at all.. 9+ out of 10..
No cash offers accepted, but may accept partial cash if you have a lesser value trade.
email me... bullet_bob@lycos.com

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2011 3:41 am    

Hey, Bob. Any idea what an'83 Strat is worth now. I had an early 80's Strat back then with the single tone knob like yours and traded it for a Marshall combo. Great guitars. Just wondered what they are worth these days. Any particular specifics in what you'd like to trade for?

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2011 2:06 pm    

Alan Rudd wrote:
Hey, Bob. Any idea what an'83 Strat is worth now. I had an early 80's Strat back then with the single tone knob like yours and traded it for a Marshall combo. Great guitars. Just wondered what they are worth these days. Any particular specifics in what you'd like to trade for?

I have close to $1100 in it with the bone nut and fret level... One in this condition just sold on ebay for $1100 shipped but it was dead mint like new with original paperwork... This one is not in new condition, but is exceptionally clean. I would say its a $900 guitar, maybe a bit more or a bit less... I am considering any USA guitars,amps, effects, whatever,,, First decent trade takes it... bob

Robert Mayo

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2011 9:47 am    

Anything in particular your looking for?

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2011 10:59 pm    

Robert Mayo wrote:
Anything in particular your looking for?

Not really... I have more stuff than any 4 guys can use, and don't need anything, and am not especially wanting for money either,but just have found I need 3 strats like i need a hole in the head.

I am just looking to keep loss to a minimum,, I actually have a lot in this strat because of condition, but the market had dropped since I bought it.. About the only thing I can use right now is a very loud, very clean tube amp head like a Musicman 130 or 150... Might consider any good steel amp as a partial trade as well.Otherwise, I might bite at anything interesting... bob