The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTT Leo Fender's 1981 G&L L-1000 Bass
Thomas Wodock

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2011 1:37 pm    

I have a beautiful made USA G&L L-1000 Bass from 1981. If you don't know about G&L - they were Leo Fender's last company. The L-1000 bass was Leo's dream bass.

A quote from BGRA: "However, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can touch the quality, sound, top-shelf construction and playability of this G&L L-1000 bass. Without question, Leo Fender hit a 5-run homer with this axe and it simply is the best production bass on the market, bar none."

With a couple exceptions this bass is all original. When I bought the bass body it had a terrible refinish job. Now it has a professional Olympic white nitro paint job. It looks incredible. The knobs are not original - the stock ones were known to break easily. The neck was not refinished and does of some minor dings on the back of it. It comes with a non-original hard-shell case.

The sound: Some describe it has a Precision Bass on steroids. It has a 3 way switch - The toggle should be 3 position switch: 1) the forward position is humbucker 2) the middle position is single coil 3) the back position is single coil with bass boost. The bass boost is sometimes called the OMG switch.

I want a pedal steel guitar and I am willing to put this bass towards getting one. I have about $1300 into this great bass. Are there any deals to be made?

Thanks

Thomas Wodock

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2011 11:38 am    

put this back to the top while recovering from a hernia operation...