The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Epiphone Sheraton II -- sold, please close
Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2011 10:18 am    

Been listening to a lot of Joe Pass and Grant Green lately, and decided I have to have a full hollowbody archtop to torture the household with. So ... selling my really nice 2007 Epiphone Sheraton II. After buying the guitar, I upgraded the pickups to genuine Gibson Classic '57 humbuckers, which really warmed up the sound of an already nice 335 type guitar (original Epi humbuckers included). Color is natural. New D'addario flatwound '12s. Guitar is very nice condition. Case has a few scuffs and marks, but does what it's supposed to. If you've been looking for a nice 335 type guitar but don't want to spend a couple of grand for the Gibson, take a look at this one.

I'd like to either sell this for $550 plus shipping, or possibly trade for an ES-175 clone or similar. I can add cash as appropriate for something like an Eastman 803, Peerless, etc. I'm going to be using this for lessons, so nothing to special/grandiose for me!

Paypal is fine and preferred. Shipping to lower 48 only. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Michael Pierce on 16 Feb 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

David Eastwood

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2011 6:01 pm    

Not in the market right now, but I have to say these are sweet guitars. I bought one at a time when I could have actually afforded a 335, and owned it for several years. Michael has taken care of the only slight weakness with his pickup upgrade that will make an already good sounding guitar even better!

I sold mine to a friend about 9 years ago, and he refuses to sell it back to me Sad

Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2011 10:21 am    

Thanks, David. In the past week, I purchased a really nice archtop (Stromberg Montreux) locally so I am revising this to be a for sale only. I'm also reducing the price to $500 plus actual shipping via UPS to lower 48.

Adding a couple of close-ups and bumping it up. Really nice 335 style guitar with fantastic pick-ups.

Don Discher

Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2011 7:33 pm     Sheraton

I have a friend that's interested in your guitar and he'll be in touch tomorrow. He's not a forum member so he'll communicate through me.My neighbor has the same guitar so my friend wants to try his first and then he'll be in touch.

Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2011 9:42 am    

Sold to a nice Forum member in upstate New York. Donation forthcoming. Please close. thanks, mp

Don Discher

Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2011 10:13 am    

That;s nice !