The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton Volume Pedal
Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2010 8:28 pm    

I had a chance to meet Keith Hilton a few months ago at a Dance I was playing in the Fort Worth Area, and I met Mr. Hilton. I'd been thinking about getting a new Voloume pedal, and have seen a lot of Steel Players using them. I asked several, and to a player, they liked the Hilton. I bought one, and started using it last Saturday night, and I really like it.
I don't play Steel, I play Electric Guitar, and I've used a Volume pedal for thirty five years or so. I've had a couple different brands, Morley, and of course Goodrich. I think I like this Hilton best of any I've ever had. Smooth action, good looking, a great product all in all. IMHO.

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2010 10:41 pm    

Yeah, Chuck, those Hilton pedals may not be for everyone but I've got three so they are for me.
steve t

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2010 4:05 am    

I got a couple--only thing I see wrong is they're bad about attracting women --- Mad

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2010 1:54 pm    

I've had the pleasure of owning a couple of them, and they are great pedals........
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

John Cadeau

Surrey,B.C. Canada
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2010 8:29 pm     Hilton Volume Pedal

Not only do they work great, but the other night I had a young lady come up to the stage, and tell me I had one of the most beautiful volume pedals she has ever seen. Of course I said well thank you very much.
John

Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2010 10:09 pm    

Yeah, The women problems that a darned ole Volume Pedal can cause is just unreal!
I used mine at a gig last night, and had to go home with a gal who measured 36/24/36 ..............and the other leg was a little bigger!

Hope Keith can build an antidote!

Ted Solesky

Mineral Wells, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2010 5:07 pm    

I've never seen one. Attracts women? Does it have a $ sign on it? lol

Duane Brown

Reno,Nevada USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2010 9:48 pm    

Ted, you must have the same model Hilton Pedal I have. I think it's that singing guitar player that attracts women, no matter what volume pedal he's using. That is how it was in Lubbock when we worked together then the same thing happened in Nevada.

The only girl who didn't run away from me is still married to me 37 years later- such is the fate of the lowly side man.

I love my Hilton pedal so much that I bought another for a spare even though it isn't a chic magnet>LOL

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2010 6:54 am    

When I bought my first one a fews years back, I had a choice of a regular one or one Keith had special made with a little blinking red light on it. Thankfully I opted for the regular one. I've often wondered how the guy that got the other one died ??? Confused (true story --ask Keith)

Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2010 12:18 pm    

I know the guy that has the pedal with the red light ! I had a post a few weeks ago about a bad guitar. The setup I was playing had a Hilton with a red flashing light.
I'm sure glad I have found out what was wrong with that guitar. A trick Hilton pedal !! Who would of gussed it ? Oh Well Embarassed Devil Laughing

Jim Simon

Moses Lake, WA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2010 12:36 pm    

Chuck, I have the same problem. You need a larger bulge in you Levi's. I suggest an Idaho Russet Potato. Place it in your right rear pocket for maximum benefit.

Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2010 2:55 pm    

OH! I thought the potato went in the front!
On a serious note....I LOVE MY HILTON VOLUME PEDAL! I can adjust my volume while playing without taking my hands off the strings, or swiping at the volume control while playing. The tone stays the same also.
I had to save up to get it, but I'm sure glad I got it.

The women problems are starting to wind down now that the word is getting out about the potato..........