The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks from a new guy
Jeb Baldwin

Climax, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2003 5:11 pm    

Wanted to say thanks to all the nice people I meet during the Bristol Va. show. I learned alot and was fortunate enough to make alot of new friends.Thanks again.

------------------

Russ Hicks

Pegram, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2003 7:08 pm    

Hey Jeb,it was good to meet you too...really unique way of playing left-handed the way you do..'unique' is not a strong enough word...the sound was great on that old fender...keep up the good work...we need more youngsters like you on steel.

Steve Leonard

Bristol,VA.,U.S.A
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2003 3:11 am    

Jeb, It was nice to meet you. It is good to see young people take an interest in the steel guitar. Keep on pickin' and we'll see you next year.

Steve

[This message was edited by Steve Leonard on 15 October 2003 at 04:23 AM.]

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2003 5:50 am    

I really enjoyed meeting you and hearing you play. What a fine young man. Great sound from that Fender. Looking forward to seeing and hearing you again.

Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2003 4:27 am    

Jeb... I missed your set because I had to get back to the shop but I heard you were great. It gives us older folks a shot in the arm to see a young person like yourself interested in the steel guitar. In the rush of things I have mislaid your address and phone number. Please e-mail me with that info and I will do what I said I would do. There was also another young man there from Philly who came to listen but has been playing for about 3 years. His name is Nathan Fleming. Let's all encourage him to jump in there next time and have some fun with us. Nat if you're reading this...give me a shout partner.

Regards

Ray Walker

Russ

Easton, Pa. Northampton
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2003 5:24 pm    

Hey Jeb, Way to Go Man. Sure Glad to have you & Lori as Good Friends. Great Job at Bristol

------------------
Russ Kern

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2003 3:41 pm    

Jeb,
It was nice to meet you..and you sounded great..Some of us old timers' and even older wonder "Where Are The New Steelers Gona come from?..Well...we met some of our future at Bristol. I think there were 3 or 4 Younger blood there..that were polite,inquisative,and had so much enthusiazm for the PSG We older gue and girls and their future.. And with the way that the PSG,amlificatib,and other gimmiks have evolved..there's no question that young people like you WILL take the PSG to even higher limlts..And Jeb,,Thank you for being a part of this experience!
Grouchy