The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Showcase, Toledo Ohio
Don E. Curtis

St Louis, Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2003 1:17 pm    

Just wanted to remind you that Scotty and I will be at Jess Hurt’s Steel Guitar Showcase, a Fund Raiser for the “Steel Guitar Hall Of Fame”, coming up on Sunday, June 29th. It starts at 12:30 pm and runs until 6:00pm. It’s being held at the Fraternal Order Of Eagles located at 5050 Jackman Road, Toledo, OH
Just take Hwy 23 to Alexis Road, go East to Jackman Road, then go south to the Eagles Hall.
Featured Players: Leonard T. Zinn, Danny Hullihen, Don Curtis, Sharon Denny, DeWitt Scott, Dana Flood, Herby Wallace, Jerry Brightman, and Joe Wright.
For additional information you can contact Jess Hurt at: jesshurtpsg@mycidco.com
See you there!
Don E. Curtis
Scotty’s Music Inc.

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2003 5:25 pm    

Hey Don. This is always a great show, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody there again this month.

Don E. Curtis

Post  Posted 20 Jun 2003 11:21 am    

Danny, yes it is a great show and I look forward to not only my set, of cours, but also getting to drum with some of the big boys! But most of all I look forward to Ron Snyder's home-made BBQ sauce!!!
I would'nt miss that, and if Herby doesn't show for dinner...then that means more for me! Besides, he still owes me an Ice Cream Sandwich.
And by the way, Jess Hurt is a great guy and Host...See you there!
Don E. Curtis

Michael Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2003 12:34 pm    

Just a bump...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2003 9:48 am    

Dana Flood just arrived from the airport, and we are both looking forward to seeing everyone in Toledo at the show...Don, How many ice cream sandwhichs are we up to now???I hope my credit is still good with you...

Cya in Toledo!

Jerry

Don E. Curtis

Post  Posted 27 Jun 2003 4:05 pm    

Jerry, that's one Ice Cream Sandwich per each 1/2 hour drum slot, times 5. So that's five...so far...
Actually I'd give you an Ice Cream Sandwich just to let me play the drums for you, ha,ha!
Your friend always,
Don E.

Dana Wayne

Jacksonville Fl.
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2003 6:31 am    

A great big "Thanks" to Jess Hurt, for such a "Fun" time at the Teledo OH. steel guitar show. It's always nice to see so many steel guitar fans and friends gather for these events. Dana Flood

Don E. Curtis

Post  Posted 30 Jun 2003 2:30 pm    

Yes, it was a great show! Absolutely one of the best ones since I've been going now for about 7 years. And not only the show but the Artist dinner hosted by Ron Snyder and his lovely wife was the best yet!
So here's a photo of Jerry trying to take notes asteel all my chops, unfortunately he didn't realize that I was playing the chops I stole from him...ha, ha!
And I believe that between Jerry, Herby and Dana we're up to a Family Pack size Ice Cream Sandwiches...pay up sucka's!
http://www.scottysmusic.com/images/dontoledo.jpg

Don E. Curtis

P Gleespen

Toledo, OH USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2003 4:30 pm    

It sure was a nifty show. Everybody played great sets. I was particularly impressed with Dana's set, maybe 'cuz I'd never heard him play before. Really tasteful and pretty stuff.

Plus I had the pleasure of having a nice talk with Jerry Brightman. Nice meeting you Jerry!

Looking forward to next years show! Good job Jess.

------------------
Patrick Gleespen

r johnson

flatrock mi
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2003 6:02 pm    

I attended Jess Hurt's show in Toledo on Sunday. It was gratifing to see a increase in attendance over last year. I was told a great deal of extra effort was put into promoting the event this year and it showed.
Dana Flood's set was a refreshing change from the usual tunes everybody seems to end up playing.
My thanks to Jess Hurt and his supporting cast for continuing to bring a steel guitar show to the area, that the important thing.
R Johnson
Flatrock, Mi.

Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2003 11:52 am    

Hello,

I'd like to also thank Jess Hurt for putting on such a fine show...The playing was all great from everybody...and of course, thanks to all the folks that attended...and for thier support...I think the neatest thing from these shows for me, is that I always make a whole bunch of new friends...in addition to seeing everyone else I've met at past shows...Cya you all in St. Louis!

Best regards,

Jerry
http://www.slidestation.com

[This message was edited by Jerry Brightman on 01 July 2003 at 12:54 PM.]

Jeff A. Smith

Angola,Ind. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 7:54 am    

I very much enjoyed being able to easily shoot over and back from the northeast corner of Indiana, and catch some quality pickin.

Thanks to the artists and organizers.

Jeff S.

Whip Lashaway

Monterey, Tenn, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 8:41 am    

I too was at the show and had a ball!! It's always nice to see old friends and hear some great music. Jess Hurt has started a wonderful thing in Toledo and I hope it continues for many many years to come.
I do have a question for anyone in the know. Since this is a fund raiser for the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, where do we stand? Are we going to see a Hall of Fame housed in it's own building anytime soon? Just curious. I've played for and supported the show in Toledo since it's first year and was just wondering if we're getting close.

------------------
Whip Lashaway
Sierra E9/B6 12 string
Sierra E9/B6 14 string
78' Emmons D10 P/P