The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons push pull - Whats the deal - Pros and cons
Walter Bowden

Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2010 3:30 pm    

Hey Andy. It looks like you are getting some great responses to your questions from some very knowledgeable people. If you are seriously thinking about making a purchase, you may want to consider this; Emmons P/Ps aren't being made by Emmons anymore, and the ones out here now are all there are left of what many, many pros consider one of the best steel guitars ever made.
Also, since the economy has done a nose dive, I've seen some great Emmons PPs for sale at great prices. When the market comes back, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices get a lot higher.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2010 6:58 pm    

Quote:
I have an Emmons LeGrande 11, a nice super pro, and a Jackson Madison 63. Will the push pull do something they can't?

No... but it will have a different tone...

Db

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2010 5:30 am    

I own too many guitars, if that's possible. I have two p/p guitars that were reworked by Albert Johnson and they are awesome. I have one that was set up by Mike Cass and that too is awesome. I have two more that were tinkered with by folks who didn't have a clues as to what they were doing, and they are a mess..
I hear a lot of noise about how hard the LeGrande guitars play. If your LeGrande plays stiff,hard or whatever take it to Dave Robbins in Nashville and you will be shocked by how easy it will function.
The bottom line is...there are folks out there who can make any guitar function better than it came from the factory.I believe factory settings are average and can be tweaked to a higher standard.
I realize this is my own biased opinion after seventy seven years on this old planet. I have eight pedals steels and love them all.

Old Bud
PS: I want to add, there are a great number of good p/p mechanics out there. Bobby Bowman, Lynn Stafford. Tommy Cass and many more.

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2010 5:31 pm    

Quote:
Don't you mean the pulls (raises over-ride the lowers?

Correct, John
Thanks for pointing that out.
I've corrected the post.
Thnx,
~Russ