The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I just found Bishop R. P. Hall on Youtube
Sherman Willden

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2011 7:27 am    

Very nice playing with what appears to be just pointer finger with thumb. Thank you Bishop Hall.

Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2011 9:55 am    

He's a member. Do a search here and you'll find plenty of his posts, but he tends to drop out for stretches.

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2011 3:35 pm    

Been enjoying him for a long time. Love his style. YOU BETCHA DYK?BC.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2011 4:29 am    

Hi Sherman! (Willden)
Yeah, I`m sorry to say, I do play with my index, finger, and thumb, It was the only way many of the earlier "Sacred Steel" players, of my generation learned to play. For me it has been 58 years of playing this way, and old habits are hard to break. So, I do what I can, with what I`ve got. Good, or bad! Sad Smile Laughing (Mostly bad, but I`m having a lot of fun!!! Laughing ) Thanks for the encouragement, and kindness Very Happy ,
Ron
(Bishop Hall)

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2011 4:50 am    

Hey Ron! Very Happy (Whitfield)
Always glad to hear from you my friend! Smile Yes, I guess I do tend to "drop out" a lot, but not for wanting to post, but it is just that I have this whole other life called "ministry?", that has a way of slowing me down Whoa! Shocked Laughing, plus a rather large family, with a very, very, patient "wife", who has a never ending list, of "honey do" things for me to complete.(which I never seem to complete Oh Well Very Happy )! But never the less, I get in a "video" and a "post", every now and then, in my "SPARE" time Laughing ! So my dear ole friend if you dont see, or hear from me, speak a word of hope for me, and I will show up sooner or later!(Probably later) Very Happy Warmest of greetings,
Ron
(Bishop overworked Hall) Very Happy

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2011 5:02 am    

Hey Charlie Very Happy !!!( Charles Davidson)
To one of my dearest of friends, and supporters, Good to hear from ya!, You betcha, and Yes, I "K?BC"!!!
I am always honored to hear from you my friend! And as always, with the greatest of respect. I thank you for your encouragement, and sincere comments. Stay in touch ole friend, and as always Be Blessed! "You Betcha!!!"
Ron
(Bishop Hall)

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2011 9:05 pm    

Mr. Hall,You don't have to be an apologist,You play more with two picks than most of us do with three or four. Smile I like your uptempo tunes. If your groove can't get someones feet tapping,THEN THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THEM. YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 May 2011 9:23 pm    

Bishop Hall,Love you're playing1 Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2011 11:42 am    

Hey Stu! Very Happy (Schulman)
Glad to hear from you up there in Alaska!
I am honored my friend, and I hope you keep on listening! Be Blessed!
Ron
(Bishop Hall)

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 May 2011 9:45 am    

Bishop Hall,As long as you keep putting out you're great music I'll be listening Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2011 10:57 am    

Hi Stu! Very Happy (Schulman)
I may be a little tardy in getting back to you. But I just wanted you to know that I highly appreciate your kindness, as well as all of the guys and gals on this forum, that makes a guy like myself feel that his labor is not in vain. I`ve always said that if what I do, can bring a smile to someone`s face, and makes them feel better, then I`ve done my job.
When I came to this forum, I came to be a part of a larger family of some very very wonderful musicians, to learn as well as share this gift that God had given me some 58 years ago. It wasn`t about fortune, or fame, it was about happiness. When I hear from the forumites such as yourself and others, I know I`m on the right track. So thanks again, I`ll keep doing the best that I can to make somebody "SMILE"! Be Blessed!
Ron Hall
(The Bishop) Yes, I really am a Bishop! Shocked Laughing Winking

Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2011 11:17 am    

Sherman, finding the Bishop on here will be one of the most satisfying discoveries you will make. A track from him will always brighten my day. I don't always post for fear of just being a "cheerleader", but his music comes from a place that can't be taught. It isn't just heard, it is felt.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2011 1:18 am    

Hello Brother Clyde! Smile (Mattocks)
After viewing your comment to our fellow colleague,dear friend, and fellow forumite brother Sherman Willden, I felt moved to tell you that your compliment has been the most heartfelt in the time that I have been a member here on the forum. Again, the music "does" come from a place that can`t be taught, because it comes from the heart. I just wanted to share that all of us, who are true musicians, in what ever God given capacity that He has given to us "must" play from the depths of our hearts, and our souls. With that being said, I just trust that all of us are truly just doing the best that we can, with whatever capacity of gifts we`ve been blessed with! So again "Thanks"! And to brother Sherman, "Thanks", for finding me on You Tube! Very Happy Be Blessed!
Ron
(Bishop R.P.Hall)

Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2011 9:58 pm    

When I am down and need an uplift from a guy that everyright to be down but doesn'get down (except on he steel)The Bishop always brings me back up again, not only with his fine talents, but with a sprit of new life that he shares and shares freely. Just wish he had been playing "I Fall To Pieces'
when his lovely wife was accompying him on the Les Paul and her hair piece fell off Whoa! ...........what a hoot! But they both troopered on with show.
Real folks with real talent and most of all,a real love for his fellowman.
Count me in as a fan!! Very Happy

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2011 4:29 am    

Hi Wally Very Happy (Taylor)
Again sorry I`m late in response to your very kind, and moving comment, due to other responsibilities. But I truly "Thank You", and I`m sure if I had been thinking about what we were doing, maybe that idea of "I fall to pieces" would have been a "perfect" piece, to illustrate what was happening at that time. My wife, and I, still break out in laughter, Laughing at the site of this video.
Again my dear friend, "we" do thank you so much for your kindness, and support. Stay tuned, there is bound to be more of these videos. I live in a "wildly" funny environment, and anything is possible! Winking Be Blessed, my friend.
Ron, and Delores Hall