The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Scotty/Mel Bay Back Up The Singer Course
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 9 May 2010 7:40 am    

Does anyone have this? bob sells it here and I wondered if the licks were cool or just very basic stuff.

I'm looking for some new stock fills and runs that can be used in any song that are tasty and not the same old tired beginner type stuff!

thx

bob

Tim Kowalski

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2010 10:46 am    

Bob,
I have this, and it has a ton of stock fills which are all very useful. There are several versions of the same tunes with progressive levels of difficulty and complexity of fills. These aren't just boring scales leading to the next chord. The tempo is moderate so that it is possible to keep up while learning. If you are looking for phrases that you can use universally, they are here for sure. I just wish that I could remember all of them. That said, I highly recommend it to expand your PSG fill vocabulary.

Regards,
Tim

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 11 May 2010 3:08 pm    

Tim Kowalski wrote:
Bob,
I have this, and it has a ton of stock fills which are all very useful. There are several versions of the same tunes with progressive levels of difficulty and complexity of fills. These aren't just boring scales leading to the next chord. The tempo is moderate so that it is possible to keep up while learning. If you are looking for phrases that you can use universally, they are here for sure. I just wish that I could remember all of them. That said, I highly recommend it to expand your PSG fill vocabulary.

Regards,
Tim

Thanks, Tim

bob