The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Converting Biab File To Yahama Midi File
Pat Richardson

Paxton, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 11:03 am    

To ,Andy Sandoval or any one else that can tell me how to do this. I got a copy from Andy of his BIAB files and would like to use them on my Yahama keyboard . I need to convert them in to MIDI FILES. is there any one who knows what I need to do . Thanks Pat

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 12:14 pm    

Hi Pat, I just opened BIAB and used the midi button right above the song title window to save my song as a midi file. When I open the midi window I have a choice of savin it to the clipboard or to disk. You probably want to save it to disk for your purposes.

Pat Richardson

Paxton, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 1:08 pm    

Andy, thanks is this feature on the 2007 version of BIAB? if not I will have to upgrade. I haven't messed with BIAB yet as i have my disk mis-placed some where in my random piles of software I have accumulated over the last 14 years. Thanks for the heads up if I have any trouble I will get back in touch with you thanks Pat

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2010 3:18 pm    

Pat, I have version 2009.5 and I'm gonna guess that your version has this feature too. Maybe someone with an earlier version can chime in here with a definite answer for you.

Pat Richardson

Paxton, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2010 11:16 am     cut & paste

Andy, Thanks for your help. I found my mis-placed software. and it turnned out to be the 2005 version of BIAB. I was able to do what I wanted with the exception of some of the tracks are not the complete songs. Im sure there is a way to copy and past to make the songs longer but I am new to this and have no idea what to do. is there some video out there on the net that shows you what is what on this? Thanks Pat