The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hummingbird Steel Guitar Celebration 2010 - Ohio
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2010 11:20 am    

The show is on !
After allot of searching for a new venue to host the 2010 Celebration we finally have one . The 2010 show will be held at Atwood Lodge near Dellroy Ohio. An absolutely Beautiful Lodge with tremendous view and extras that can only be found at a location like this .They are taking reservations now . You can reach them at www.atwoodlakeresort.com or phone 1-800-362-6406 . Remember to ask for the Hummingbird event rates when booking reservations .
The Lodge is located about 1/2 an hour East of I-77 . A little off the beaten path but worth the drive .
More info will be coming as soon as I get a few more details in order . I wanted to post this latest update ASAP so you could make plans to attend . Please help spread the word as we are late starting this year due to the loss of our old venue . Thanks for your support and hope to see you there ! Rick

Kurt Kowalski

Kendall, NY USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2010 11:27 am    

Hi Brother Rick!!!

Wow!! I so wish I Could make this show...But I am still on the mend from my accident in July.

I am coming along well though, Rick. I can now bend my left knee and the right knee is starting to bend. The prayers and positive thoughts are all working.

I WILL make your show next year for sure, and my plan is that it will be standing and walking Bro.

I will grow my beard back and you grow yours and we'll watch everyone do the double takes again like in St Louis. That was a hoot... "which one is Rick or Kurt"...lol

God Bless you man! Miss ya!

Kurt

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2010 5:12 pm    

Hi Brother Kurt,

Great to hear from you . So very glad you are on the mend . Prayers continue to be lifted up for you .
Looking forward to having you at the next show ,wherever it may be. Ours or St. Louis walking around together like twins from different Mothers .
I'll never forget the time I went to one of Jess Hurt's shows and all these women were giving me hugs saying how great it was to see me and did I bring my steel etc. . For a while I thought I was famous . Only to realize they thought I was you . Joke was on me. Or them ? Heck I didn't mind the hugs !
Continue to get better my friend . Hope to see ya soon . Rick

Rudy Hawk

Carrollton,Ohio,USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2010 6:24 pm    

Great news Rick, and the Good Lord willing I'll be there.
RH

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 10:57 am    

Well Duh !

I guess I should mention the dates ! April 23,24 and 25 . I guess in My haste to post the location I forgot you might need to know the dates .

Thanks for the "heads up" Sherry !! Rick

Bob Cox

Buckeye State
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 2:31 pm    

Wow you sure recovered from that senior moment.Just don,t forget your aniversary or Wife's birthday date.
I am sure this is going to be a wonderful show .All the ones in the past were top notch.They even have Roadies there to help move that heavy stuff around.

Last edited by Bob Cox on 20 Jan 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 2:56 pm     Show

I am honored to say that I will be back to Rick's great show and I have played at every one except one that happened about 2 weeks after my stroke, but Rick is such a great person that he still brought me up to that show and I wasn't up to playing so we did a question and answer portion that turned out well. I must say that every one of Rick's shows have been some of the best I have ever played and are first class in every respect, so I hope to see many of you there and the way Rick described the new venue, it is a notch above all the others over the years.

Herby Wallace

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 4:57 pm    

Very Happy Hey Rick . We just reserved our rooms . It looks like a great place . Looking forward to seeing you . Be blessed my friend . G.P.

It will be great to see you Herby . G.P.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 5:56 pm    

Rick:

Can you let us know who you plan on bringing to the show? Will Joe Wright be there?

Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 7:47 pm    

I have my Lodge reservations - A great venue!
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112

Mike Meese

Dover, Ohio, U S A GO BUCKEYES! (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2010 8:00 pm    

our reservations are made! I sure am looking forward to this show.

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2010 2:59 am    

Rick
This is great news!... If your needing my butt behind a steel somewhere up there let me, i will make arrangements to come up and bring the green shirt club... about all 50 of them..
Im leaving to do the phoenix show today, but i will have the laptop with me to check my e-mail...
It's gonna be good...
Mike

Don Burrows

Ashtabula, Oh. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2010 5:04 am    

We have our reservations made.Always a GREAT show and looking forward to seeing everyone.

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2010 1:42 pm     To the top, please

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2010 11:24 am    

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words Herby. As I said after our first show,"as long as I have a show Herby will be on it if he wants to " . Those of you who know me know Herby is my all time favorite player . If you haven't heard him lately you need to come out and give a listen . His "Coming Back" CD is further proof that he is still making progress after the stroke . I look forward to the day when he's "all the way" back .

I hate to repeat myself but Mikee you know if I have a show you are on it as well . I try to mix things up and keep the line up fresh but you are a local legend ! I'll start training now so my ears can get fast enough to listen to ya .

Thanks for the bump Gary . Looking forward to seeing you there .

As before you can expect to see Don and Ruby Burrows there with there booth for BSG Steel Guitars . They are both terrific people and Don is a top notch craftsman .

I must say we need to thank Mike Meese for not giving up on the show and finding this great venue.Not only is he a great player but a great friend as well !Thanks Mike .

Hi Glenn. So glad you'll be able to make it again this year . Always look forward to seeing you and the Wife as well as hearing you pick . See ya soon . Give me a call if you get a chance .

No confirmations to list a this time . Working on it everyday . I'll post any new info as soon as it comes available . Thanks for your patience and help in spreading the word .

So glad you'll be coming too Gary (Preston). Any chance the O.S.G.A. would want to help with an ad or table space ? Let me know if you can . Thanks

DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2010 11:55 pm     Celebration

Doggone it! I haven't missed one of your shows in many years but I will have to miss this one. I am already booked in Davenport, IA and am committed to attend that show. I will miss being there and I wish you lots of luck. The new location sounds interesting and I bet the people will see a lot of pretty scenery getting there. Scotty

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2010 4:32 am    

This is great news Rick!! You always put on a fantastic show, and this is one that shouldn't be missed for sure!

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2010 12:22 pm    

Gary Preston wrote:
Very Happy Hey Rick . We just reserved our rooms . It looks like a great place . Looking forward to seeing you . Be blessed my friend . G.P.

It will be great to see you Herby . G.P.

Well it looks like other plans canceled coming to the show this time ! I know this will be a great show . We will be looking forward to the next one . Sorry . G.P.

Dan Haas

Rootstown, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2010 12:26 pm    

Can't wait it's sure to be a great show!!!

One question: Will they be tearing down Atwood Lodge after the show. Shocked

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2010 1:05 pm    

Great news !!

Oustanding steel guitarist Terry Crisp has agreed to play the 2010 Hummingbird Steel Guitar Celebration! Star of studio, road and TV, Terry perhaps is most famous for working with Reba and Ricky Scaggs. For a long time he was seen on the "Live from the Ryman" TV show . Terry was scheduled for the 2008 show but had to cancel when his Mother took ill. So glad he will be able to make it this year. More on the artists to perform soon !

Hi Dan, Actually the lodge is scheduled to close at the end of the fall season . As it stands Oct.1 they will be closing the doors .

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2010 1:21 pm    

Gary,

Sorry you won't be able to attend. Hope to see ya somewhere down the road. If the club is interested in an ad or sending some flyers let me know .

Hey Scotty ,

So sorry I didn't get with you before them Hawkeyes! We will definately miss you, Mary and DeWitt at the show. Indeed you have made most all of them and we feel as though you're family. Have a great show in Iowa. Lay them great sounds of you and that frypan on them. They're in for a treat. Hope to see ya in St. Louis!

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the kind words! Looks like I'll get to see you at the Wheeling show. Looking forward to hearing you again. You always do a top notch job!

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2010 1:32 pm     Hummingbird Jam

To the top, please. Very Happy

P Perry

Lebanon, OH, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2010 7:14 am    

Looks like a great great venue, good job guys. Can't wait.

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 2:39 pm     Hummingbird Steel Celebration 2010

To the top, please.

Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2010 5:38 pm    

Up.