The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Windows 7
Mike Hoover

Franklin, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2009 6:43 pm    

Has anybody tried BIAB in Windows 7 yet. I am having some issues with it, just loaded W7 on computer. I really have not had a lot of time to work with it, seem to freeze and not respond some.

Mike

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2009 3:18 am    

I have BIAB (V2008.5) installed on my Windows 7, 64 bit system and it's working OK. Actually works better than it did on Vista as I would always get an error when I closed BIAB (which PG Music support says can happen).

Did you do a new "clean" install of Windows 7 or an upgrade over Vista? As long as you have all the device drivers and installed in the correct sequence there shouldn't be any problems. Windows 7 requires at a minimum Vista drivers (and for the correct bit version - 32 bit or 64 bit) and on some devices such as SoundBlaster sound cards it seems Windows 7 specific drivers are needed. On most systems, the required install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install motherboard chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers. The motherboard chipset drivers must be installed before device drivers since one of the prime things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) the devices on or attached to the motherboard.

Mike Hoover

Franklin, TN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2009 12:35 pm    

Jack,

Yes Clean install, new computer, well new motherboard and video card, but cleaned HDD down to the bone. I went to PGmusic and downloaded updates, now everything working real good.

Mike