The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Texas Case Co. Flight Case for D-10 or SD-10
Joe Rogers

Lake Charles, LA USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2009 12:40 pm    

I am selling a flight case made by Texas Case Company (now Red Dirt Case Co.). This case was made for my D-10 Rains. The dimensions will also fit an SD-10 Rains as well as any double body Emmons. The interior dimensions for the case is approx. 33 1/4" X 11 3/16" X 6". This case is right at one year old. It made 3 trips in a band trailer and 3 flights on a commercial airline. The rest of the time it has been carted to local gigs in my vehicle or sitting in my home. I feel this is one of the best flight cases on the market. It has casters on one end with a handle on the opposite end. My only reason for selling is that I purchased a double case from the same company.

FULL DISCLOSURE-Even though this case has only gone on 3 commercial flights, she took some bumps in her last flight. The fourth photo below shows 3 screws that hold the pedal bar/leg partition. Originally there were 2 screws here and the one on the right got pulled out on the airline conveyor belt. As you see, it has been fully repaired by Texas Case Co., putting 3 screws rather than the original two. These screws are countersunk deeper than the original screws used, so this should not be a problem going forward. The last photo shows 2 bumps on the aluminum trim on the underside of the case, highlighted with red arrows. Neither of these bumps affect the structural integrity of the case whatsoever.

If I had any doubts as to the quality of this case, I would not have purchased another one from the same company. The recent price quoted to me for a brand new case of this type is $400. Because it is used, and because of the bumps, I am selling this case for $275 plus actual shipping charges. I DO NOT pad shipping charges. What is quoted to me will be the price you pay. You will not find a better deal on a 1 year old case of this quality. Feel free to email me with any questions. I accept Paypal. Photos below:

Joe Rogers

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2009 6:33 pm    

BOY WISH I HAD THE EXTRA CASH. I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A NEW CASE. THIS ONE MAY HAVE A FEW DINGS BUT SOUNDS LIKE IT DID ITS JOB.
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT

Joe Savage

St. Paul, MN
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 12:33 pm    

Hey Joe,
Can you give me the total outside dimensions of the case?
Thanks,
Joe

joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2009 6:42 am    

Joe, I'll take the case if it is still available.