The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dear friend of Hummingbird passes
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2009 9:00 pm    

Hi Friends ,
It's with a heavy heart that I share this news. DuWayne Kauffman has gone home to be with the Lord .
He passed suddenly from an apparent massive heart attack Tuesday afternoon .
There will be no funeral or calling hours in the traditional sense but a Celebration of life is being planned for the near future.

For those who knew him through the many Hummingbird occasions like the steel show or anniversary celebrations ,you knew him as a hard worker and eager volunteer . Whether it was of his time, or tools always one of the first to offer and first to show up to help get the task done . For those of us close enough to call him friend we knew a man who put others first . Cared about others before self . A man of honor and integrity . For those who never had the good fortune of knowing DuWayne he was a loving father and devoted husband . Perhaps like that favorite Uncle you may have had . Fun to be around, a little ornery, always enjoyed a good practical joke whether played on you or himself . He will be greatly missed .

As we visited this evening (Tuesday night) we all took some comfort knowing he passed away in a manor with no pain and doing what he loved to do . He had taken the tractor to the woods and was going to finish up cutting some trees that he had down for firewood . We also took comfort knowing he was with the Lord and reunited with loved ones who had gone on before . One in particular we rejoiced over was Abeee ! My Dad ......They spent allot of time in the basement "tinkering" on everything from Christmas lights to volume pedals while Sherry had her steel guitar session with me upstairs . I can only imagine that reunion . " hey Kauffman, check this out.....these streets are solid gold" ..... Maybe the Good Lord will give them a work bench next to each other .

DuWayne is survived by his Daughter Tamara of California, and his wife and best friend for nearly 40 years Sherry .
Thanks in advance for your thoughts , prayers and support in this time of loss .

Rick Troyer

pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2009 9:37 pm     DuWayne Kauffman

Rick,im in total shock,What a dear friend he was, i will never forget him.Please Extend our Love, thoughts and Prayers to Sherry and the family. i will try and Call her also, Rudy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Tamara James

Post  Posted 29 Jul 2009 5:56 am    

Please forward my deepest sympathy and condolences. I will keep the family in my prayers and thoughts.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Don Burrows

Ashtabula, Oh. USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2009 6:35 am    

Our love and prayers are with Sherry and Tamara, Indeed we have lost another "Great" he was a loving father and husband and a great friend, he will be missed by all who knew him.

Don & Ruby

Rudy Hawk

Carrollton,Ohio,USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2009 4:09 am    

R.I.P. DuWayne, your family is in our prayers.
RH

Dick Cochran

Conesville, OH USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2009 11:06 am    

What s shock! DuWayne always had a smile and happy words for everyone. We too, will miss him. Sherry, you know you are in our prayers.---Dick & Nancy