The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gene Jones' website
Jim Phelps

Mexico City, Mexico
Post  Posted 3 May 2002 3:50 pm    

Anyone who has never visited Gene Jones' website at http://genejones.com is missing one of the best musician's sites on the net. His biography and especially his "Ruminations" are very interesting, well-written must-reads for any musician, not only steel guitarists. If you've already visited his site, he's recently added sound clips of his excellent steel playing, spanning his career from beginning to present.

The website itself is best viewed on Internet Explorer 5+ or Netscape 6, users of Netscape 4.xx will not see the entire page, a common ailment of websites constructed with Microsoft Frontpage. Still, it's one of the most valuable and worth-visiting musician's sites around.

[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 03 May 2002 at 07:13 PM.]

Leigh Howell

Edinburgh, Scotland * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 May 2002 7:05 am    

I've been to Genes site. I agree that it is a very interesting, and thorough look at his progression through the years.

Leigh

Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 4 May 2002 10:25 am    

Gene's pages are great, lots of reflection on his career and different performers and quite an insight into the swing and country scene in Oklahoma over the years as well.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 5 May 2002 8:38 am    

I think I'm entitled to "one more for the road".

Gene's web site is fine,,,but it only tells
one iota about someone I have learned to respect more than a web site can tell about Gene Jones.

He is beyond a doubt one of the most compassionate and thoughtful human beings I have ever known, and it has been my good fortune of having had the privledge to have gotten to know him as well as I do.

They DONT come any better than Gene,. I have paid my dues. This post is for Gene.

Jim Phelps

Mexico City, Mexico
Post  Posted 5 May 2002 12:30 pm    

I'm inclined to agree with you Jody, although I know Gene only from swapping a few emails. No website could or should attempt to duplicate years of experience of personal friendship. I certainly would never suggest that visiting Gene's site would convey all there was to know about him, although I'm sure that anyone with good powers of perception of personal character will be able to see somewhat what kind of guy Gene is. Others will at very least find extremely interesting and educative reading and listening, and the inexperienced will learn much of the life of a musician.

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 5 May 2002 2:51 pm