The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Spokane Washington Steel Jam
Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2002 7:31 am    

Steel Guitar Jam in Spokane Wa., Sunday, April 28, 2002. Spokane Valley Eagles. 16801 E. Sprague 1pm-7pm For more info email:duanebecker@att.net

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2002 6:04 am    

Bump Duane Becker

Ed Webster

Salem, Oregon -USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2002 12:35 pm    

Duane-
See you this next Sunday! I think Ray Montee, from Portland, will be there also. And another steeler from around here, Frank Cramer. Looking forward to a great time.

ed

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2002 1:02 pm    

Thanks Ed, looking forward to it. I will be there around 11am, so try to get there as early as you need to. We will actually try and start the jam a little before 1pm if possible, so you can feel free to get there anytime after 11am or so. Thanks Again Duane Becker

Dave Burton

Richland,Wa. USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 11:52 am    

Hi Duane, I'm on my way, see ya Sunday.
Dave

Don Benoit

Okanagan Falls, BC
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 8:29 am    

Duane

Many thanks for your hard work in putting on the jam yesterday. You had more than 15 pickers and it was great listening and playing. It was also good to see a couple of younger players participating which will keep steel guitar going. The jam also gave me several ideas on how to conduct my jam next Sunday.
See you next Sunday Duane.

------------------
dben@shaw.ca
http://members.shaw.ca/dben/psg.htm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 8:49 pm    

Congratulations Duane on another fine Jam!
Met some wonderful people from your area...and renewed some prior acquaintances.
Took us 8 hours to get back home but it was worth the trip. Thank you!

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 10:54 am    

If I counted right, there were 21 different steel pickers at the jam. I know that 20 of them were real great. There was one picker from Michigan, one from Montana, several from Idaho, and a few from Oregon and one from Canada. Duane had a great house band, and a real good location and facilities for the "JAM". One thing he did I haven't seen mentioned in other JAMs was he invited "BEGINEERS" to *participate and encouraged them along with myself to take part in playing. It was a great "Jam" and a lot of old time steel guitar played. So hats off to Duane Becker for putting on another great show.

Gordon Black

burns,oregon,usa
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 2:44 pm    

As one of the "beginners" I just wanted to say what a great time I had at the Jam. Everyone was really encouraging and tolerant, even though my playing was sometimes painful I'm sure . What a neat experience to get to hear such a variety of playing styles, especially hearing Ray Montee sounding exactly like Jerry Byrd on his Rickenbacker!
I left there with a long list of things to improve on and feeling like there's hope after only 1 1/2 years on the pedals.
Thanks again Duane, I'll see you again next year!

Dave Burton

Richland,Wa. USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2002 9:17 am    

Hi Duane,I would like to thank you for all your hard work and effort you put in to the jam.I had a great time and am looking forward to seeing you and all the attendees again.The steel is alive and well in the Northwest! Dave