The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The NEOSGA show at Siloam Springs, Ark
Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 9:43 am    

Mitzi and I wanted to voice our appreciation to Roger Osbourn and Jerry Roller and all the members of the club for having us up to play the show. As always it was a pleasure to be with you all. The fellowship is always great. And it was great to meet some people we didn't know. I got to meet Jack Brown ( great guitar player) and super nice person. We had a ball playing back up and lead together. It was a real pleasure to see Jerry Roller playing so good because I know he's feeling much better now and it really shows. Of course Austin Stewart took the show,playing real good. He'll be 8 in June. We gonna have to watch that boy.I think we were as proud of him as Jerry & Donna was. We got to visit with our friends Rev Wayne Smith Keith Hilton, Ray Qualls, Louie Halford ( who by the way played a great set) Ronnie Neighbors (who played orange blossom special so fast that we had to break a leg to keep up . Also Jody Sanders Did some real good MC work (I love his auctioneering too. Boy that old Showbud of Don Compston's had a great tone ,and he played some real good country stuff. Bobby Garrett and Vance Monday both did great jobs on the show . But even after all this great fun Joe Wright came up and stole our show completely away from us with his playing and his comedy work. All in all a great show and a great time was had by all.

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 2:57 pm    

This is truly a great show and the venue is super. I am very sorry that I was not able to be a part of the show this year and this was surely my loss. Barbara and I missed the fellowship with our friends from that part of the good old U.S of A., the steel players, NEOSGA members and the other staff band members. But a personal situation here at home dictated that I be here. I assured Jerry Roller that if the NEOSGA invites me back again next year that I would be there.
Best wishes to all of the NEOSGA officers and members and congratulations on what I know was a great show.
.....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2002 4:21 pm    

Hi Buck, its good to see that you made it back home safely. You guys did a superb job on those twin guitars. Roy, we did really miss you and look forward to your coming next year and I am looking forward to being on stage with you in Indianapolis this weekend playing and hearing some great gospel music. It's gonna be a fun time. You will love it!
Jerry

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2002 5:28 am    

Buck, Glad you all made it home safe. Thanks for the words about Austin. WE WERE VERY PROUD OF HIM!!!!!!!! Hope to see you at Tulsa. Buy the way we really missed Roy and Barbara. I know you had to take care of family. And where was that rascal ROB!!!!!!! Hope to see you at Tulsa. Don't want to miss that one. I just might have some food there!!!!!!! Donna