The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New to Colorado
Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2002 11:06 am    

Just posting this to let everyone know that I am now a resident of Colorado. Moved down here on April 20th, and have a lot of work to do before I will be back on line again. I am using my daughter's computer to check the Forum and post any messages to it.

Hope to meet some of you Colorado musicians and steel players as time goes by. Will be at the June 9th show in Denver area, and will be anxious to meet and greet everyone.

I will not be answering any e-mails for awhile, so if you send something to me, I will be a few weeks before I can respond to you.

New address for snail mail is
4435 Quail Road
Pueblo, CO 81008

My Phone number is 719-382-9686.

I will be back in Minnesota this coming weekend for the big Country Music Fan Appreciation show in St. Cloud, featuring The Rose Family, Kevin Lange and The Mississippi Drifters, Country Connection, and many local musicians. Of course this will feature three great steel players, Curt Olsen, Eddie Lange, and Al Udeen.

Check you all later.

Dennis

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2002 8:52 pm    

Hi, Dennis:
Friend of mine lives in Pueblo, name is Red Kilby. He is also a member of the Forum. Not a steel player, a singer, but he knows a lot of them, ie: lloyd green, jerry brightman etc.

His phone # is (719)564-9047. Give him a call and introduce yourself, and tell him Rebel™ says hello.

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2002 7:42 am    

Hello Dennis,
Welcome to Colorado. I'm a transplant from Omaha, but I love it here in my new state. Actually, I've lived in Denver for almost 20 years. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Denver steel show in June.
Chuck

Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2002 9:43 am    

Hi Dennis, and yes like Rebel says I do live in Pueblo. HI REBEL<<<<<<. Thanks so much Rebel for sending me that Bobby Lucier CD it is AWESOME<<<<<<<. I got your email Dennis ,contact me when you get back in town.

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2002 12:41 pm    

Hiya, Red. You're welcome. Figured if Lloyd liked it, so would you! HA!

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

Chip Fossa

Monson, MA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 2:19 am    

Dennis,
Try to locate fellow forumite John Macy. John's a great steel player, who I've known
since around 1970, when he was playing the Boston, Cape Cod circuit.

John lives in Denver and has his own recording studio. He's also a master studio
engineer. John would know what's goin' on in the area.

Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 9:10 am    

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the responses. I have already received an e-mail from Red, and I talked to George Sybert on the phone. I have talked to John Macey in the past and also Dick Meis. Will be returning to Colorado on the 7th of May, and hope to be back on line shortly after that. I am at a friends house, a steel player of course, and am using his computer to check up on the happenings on the forum.

Keep on Steelin' and will be in touch with everyone as soon as I get back to Colorado.

Dennis