The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Changing BIAB Song Volume
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 11:30 am    

I know how to change the volume for each instrument but is there a way to increase the volume for the entire song without having to do each instrument individually?

Gary Baker

Charlotte, North Carolina
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 12:47 pm     Re: Changing BIAB Song Volume

Andy Sandoval wrote:
I know how to change the volume for each instrument but is there a way to increase the volume for the entire song without having to do each instrument individually?

Well, assuming that you know how to increase the overall volume of your audio card the only "other" way I know of is not a "global" setting per song, but , you can set volume (sometimes called volicity) for different MIDI channels and/or Real Tracks at the program level.

Go to Opt. Menu then to the bottom under Preferences. The items you can set for volume (or volicity) are Real Drums, Real Tacks, Channels, Soloist and Output chords (by track).

That's the only way I know and as I said it's not a turn one knob to increase the volume. That is only done at the audio card level.

Blessings, bo

Phil Halton

Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 3:57 pm     Re: Changing BIAB Song Volume

[quote="Andy Sandoval"]I know how to change the volume for each instrument but is there a way to increase the volume for the entire song without having to do each instrument individually?[/quote]

Yes,

Simply select the "combo" as the instrument and enter a volume as you would for an individual instrument like bass, drums etc. That will affect the volume of all instruments in the combo.

The shortcut keystroke "control+2 (2 on the number row) will select the combo.