The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons SD10 LeGrande II
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2009 12:08 pm    

My friend Danny Hawk, noted Texas steel guitarist but one without a computer, is selling his mid-90's SD10 LeGrande II, with 3 pedals and 5 levers.

The guitar is in excellent condition and is all original and stock, single coil pickup, Emmons pedal/Sho-Bud lever setup. The guitar is a rich maroon or wine color mica with no flaws. The tolex on the pad is in good shape with no tears. The pedal rack has some dings and scratches as would be expected of a gigging guitar of this age.

The original tweed case has spent too many nights in a road house and a band trailer hauled by roadies. So while I'd rate the guitar as 8/10, the case is cosmetically a 5 at best. One draw catch is broken, a hinge has been repaired, and though the bottom edges are together, it's missing a lot of tolex off the bottom edges. It really would love a new case, though this one is certainly serviceable for the time being.

Danny is asking $2000 for the guitar, or make an honest and reasonable offer that doesn't insult his intelligence, please. This is not a hardship sale, he just doesn't need yet another steel. His main axe now is a '73 LDG.

Shipping will be paid by the purchaser.

Whoever gets this will be getting a fine sounding, workingman's steel guitar for gigging purposes. I've told him he should keep the guitar, but he feels he simply doesn't need it.

Call Danny at 512-507-0450, or email me for any other info. Serious info calls only, please. He's busy with his day gig and music jobs and doesn't have a whole lot of time for casual tire kickers. But he's one of my closest friends in the world and a straight shooter, and I can vouch for him and for the condition of the guitar.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2009 11:20 am    

Hey Herb, I just talked to Danny and sent you an E-Mail. Ron