The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  .About working with Midi Files.
John McGlothlin

Post  Posted 17 Jun 2009 6:31 am    

There are millions of midi files on the web that can be downloaded and used to look at the chord patterns to different songs by opening the midi file with BIAB. If you have Power Tracks Pro you can also edit the midi files and remove certain tracks containing the lead instruments therefore leaving you with an excellent backup version of the song to use as a rhythm track. I use the Midi Search Engine to look up websites with midi files. After I get a midi file where I want it for a rhythm track I record it and put it in a folder so I can use it later. Here is the link to purchase one of the best recording software product I have had the pleasure of using for the past 5 years. http://www.dak.com/shop/details.cfm?item=131 You can record both Wav or MP3 files and edit them with this recorder and it only cost around $25.00.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2009 10:25 pm    

John, I use midi files all the time. I like to import just the chords from a midi file that way I can use whatever BIAB rhythm I want to. If you open the midi file with BIAB instead of just importing the chords you can't mute out any of the unwanted instruments like you can with PowerTracks.

John McGlothlin

Post  Posted 1 Jul 2009 4:31 am    

I agree with you on that Andy because in a lot of cases I would have no idea of the chord arrangement to use with a lot of songs.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2009 2:34 am    

I believe with the newer versions of BIAB you can do the same thing with wav files too.