The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Legion gig
Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2002 7:49 pm    

We will be playing at the American Legion in El Dorado, Arkansas on Feb. 23. We will be playing from 8:00 to 12:00. We do traditional country and a bit of swing. If you're in the area, stop by and say howdy.

Ken

Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2002 1:57 pm    

I have never heard this band, but I can reccomend this gig if for no other reason than just to hear Ken play. Mr Ken has one of my favorite sounds on that Emmons steel.Ken is another of Arkansas elite players.

I assume his great singing wife will be there to. If she is that is a special addition to the gig.

Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2002 7:03 pm    

Louie, Janice and I appreciate the kind words. We always have a great time at this gig. Our band is 5 piece, bass, steel, drums, Janice on vocals, and a 20 year old piano player that is truely remarkable. This guy can play anything you throw at him. He's also learning steel and learning fast. He has a nice touch and plenty of speed. He also plays on a live radio show that is broadcast over the internet. It's on the third Saturday of each month. If you would care to listen, the station is KZHE and it's at Starartist.com. He usually does a couple of steel instrumentals on the radio show.

Ken

[This message was edited by Ken Williams on 21 February 2002 at 08:49 PM.]