The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ozark Mountain Steel Guitar Jamboree
Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2002 2:16 am    

Well the ninth annual Ozark Steel Guitar Ass'n. Jamboree is now in the history books and as always, just keeps getting better each year !
I will make an abridged report here and add details bit by bit, later.
I don't know who to give credit for the writing on the back of the programs but I'd like to pass it along with gratitude for the party responsible---
"Music is all around us, every day of our lives. It is so familiar that we take it for granted and hardly notice it. We hum as we walk along and sing a tune when we're happy. People whistle at work and tap their feet to the band as parades go by. Mothers sing lullabies. Music makes television come alive. It enhances every program. Today you will be privileged to hear country music at it's best"
Well said in advance and so very correct !
A quick line up then more comments later--
11:00 -- Scotty 11:35 Buck Grantham 12:10 Ralph Mooney 12:55 Herby Wallace 1:45 Ronnie Neighbors 2:25 John Hughey 3:00 Tom Brumley 3:40 Don Helms 4:20 Hal Rugg
I now have a ton of "catch up" work to do in the office and I'll post bits and pieces as I can later and if there are questions as we go, I'll gladly try to answer--- more later on this great event -

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2002 8:38 pm    

Thanks a bunch Bill for putting this on here. This show was really a winner. It's really nice to see our friends again.

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2002 9:52 am    

My pleasure, Buck and sorry I somehow missed saying hello in the rush of things. You sounded great as always and we all love to have you grace our stage. Hope to see you repeat next year . Bill