The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  R.I. has another Great loss
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2002 2:58 pm    

The Country Music Association of Rhode Island has just lost a real pioneer to country music.There Vice President Eddie Zack has pass on.He was a good freind and I worked with him for many years at a Ford Dealership in R.I.He has been in country music for 62 years.His Band was still playing up to his first stroke a few weeks back.His band had has Brother Richy and two sister Babs and Meril.The band is called The Hayloft Jamboree with Eddie Zack, Cousin Richy, Babs and Meril.He will be deeply missed by Myself and all the people that new him.As President of the R.I. Steel Guitar Association our prayers go out to his Family.Sam White

[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 10 January 2002 at 03:02 PM.]

Leigh Howell

Edinburgh, Scotland * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2002 4:29 pm    

Rest In Peace Eddy Zack.The George Jones song "Who's gonna fill their shoes" seems appropriate.
Leigh

Smiley Roberts

Hendersonville,Tn. 37075
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2002 11:54 am    

Sam,
Just heard about it this morning from Keith Bradford. I met Eddie when I was "DJ'in" back in the '50's,in Mass. He,personally,came by the station,(WJKO,East Longmeadow) & gave me a complete set of his 45's on Columbia. To this day,I still have them,plus a couple on the "Rhode Island" label. I'm going to compilate them on to 1 CD.
He was,definitely,a LEGEND in the Northeast,& will be sadly missed. My condolences to his entire family & friends.

------------------
  ~ ~

©¿© ars longa,
mm vita brevis
-=sr€=-

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2002 1:50 pm    

Eddie was a Legend for the business and I remember the Saturday nights on WPRO channel 10" With Dick Richards (Cousin Richy) Great voice And Eddie had a great steel way back in them days too..Influenced a lot of RHode Islanders and Mass people. Job well done Eddie Rest in Peace and enjoy the heavenly band.

------------------
CJC

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2002 5:19 pm    

Hi Smiley I seen you at Bill Hankeys Steel bash when Bobbe and Jerry were trying to fix your new Sho Bud.You know Keith Bradford? Tell Keith to give me a E- Mail I have'nt seen him in along time.He use to play with Ollie Stedman who was a Great Steel player.We lost him To cancer back in the late 70s.They Played at the Covered Wagon in Exeter R.I..I use to go see them every Fri. Sat. And Sunday night.My Brother and I have all the tapes we use to tape at the Covered Wagon.I see Keiths Brother Richy a while back at a R.I. Country Compatition Show.My E-Mail is risteelguitar@surfglobal.net
Sam White