The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  My beautiful blue Desert Rose
Fred Burkett

Kingman, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2009 3:13 pm    

As much as it breaks my heart to put this beauty up for sale, I really must. The reason: I can't play anymore since my brain tumor surgery, and this needs to be in a home where it will be played. I had lunch with Chuck today and he said that it's understandable seeings that I can't feel my feet. I really don't want to sell this baby, but at the same time, she needs to be played. It's virtually brand new and I've had it for a year with maybe two hours (trying to) play time. The color is stained maple, and the aluminum neck is a rarity. Chuck told me today that it was the last one made with it, I kinda like it, the tone is incredible. Anyway, it's a 3 x 5, standard Emmons setup with the George L eon pickup. Any marks or nicks that you see are reflections or flashbacks.

As you can see, it has a D2F cover, and also a D2F rod and leg case. $1850.00 includes shipping. Cash, cashiers check, or money order.
Thanks for looking, Fred (Rick)

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2009 3:54 pm    

That's a real beauty. It's almost like getting a new Desert Rose without the wait, and at a discount!

Fred Burkett

Kingman, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2009 4:00 pm    

Thanks b0b, it is new actually. I hate so much putting this up for sale, but like I said; someone should be playing this...

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 18 May 2009 4:57 pm    

That's a beauty Fred. I'm sorry about the circumstances causing you to offer it for sale.

Someone will be getting a jewel here.

Good Luck to you for the future.

Fred Burkett

Kingman, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2009 5:15 pm    

Thanks Jerry. Oh, and also, there will be some surprises in the case for whomever gets it...

Fred Burkett

Kingman, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2009 7:36 pm    

Looks like it's been sold, pending payment.

Thanks guys,

Fred