The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New?? .... Push Pull Guitar
Louis Falardeau

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2002 7:42 am    

Just received from Mike Cass a 1980 Emmons D10 with 9 & 8 , Black Mica, aluminum necks. It looks like a brand new guitar plus it plays like a dream. This is my first push pull. I never got one before because I hated a guitar that was hard to play. I had heard all of the horror stories. Then I discovered Mike Cass, who can make them play like butter. It is all in the set up an adjustment. I have a LaGrande and it plays just great but the new push pull plays ever bit as good if not better. Mike pays great attention to every detail and called a jillion times to make sure it was set up exactly like I wanted. Anyone want a great guitar set up like you want and plays and sounds great see Mike Cass he will do you right.

Louis

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2002 9:45 am    

Louis-Mike has "Cassified" all my Emmons push-pulls-he does a fine job indeed-my 66 bolt-on was taken down to the bare cabinet wood-its also like a new guitar but I put it up to play the two 65 wraparounds that Cass also worked on and they are like magic

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 3 Jan 2002 2:14 pm    

thanx guys,
Louis, its not hard to keep 'em happy with guitars like yours
I sure the owner was sorry to see it go

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2002 4:39 pm    

Welcome to the club! Yes, now you know,this has always been the greatest sounding guitar, but see, they can play great if adjusted properly! This is a club that is growing, just like the prices of the guitars. How does it feel knowing that you will be able to sell the guitar for more than you paid for it?( if you should ever be foolish enough to sell it!) Welcome aboard the Push-Pull train! (did that sound right?)
Bobbe

Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2002 9:20 pm    

Congratulations. All that crap that you here about push-pulls not playing well is nonsense. Once they are set up by experts like Cass or Seymour they play great. What I like about them is that you can rest your feet on the pedals without disintonating the guitar because of the firmer action. Alot of the newer guitars action are too light IMHO. I've seen guys burn Orange Blossom Special on push-pulls with no probem. You made a good choice. They have ultimate tone.

Scott Alexander

Richland, MI
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2002 10:41 am    

I purchased an extended E-9 pp from Bobbe a few years ago and later had Mr. Detail/Mike Cass send it to the land of Universal. It plays great, sounds great, and now fits like a glove. With a Push Pull, one can be a Tone Chapperone.

Steel'in Scott
'74 Emmons PP-U-12
Fessy U-12

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2002 11:07 am    

Bobbe did mine and it plays great and sounds great. It also stays in tune better than any other guitar I ever owned. I can come to a gig running late, set it up and play it and odds are it's in tune or close enough to get by till break.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull, Session 500, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele