The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lil' Rock, Get Ready To Rock !!
Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2001 7:40 am    

This is the third year in a row that I have arrived early at The Neal McCoy Show in Macon, GA. I always spend the whole day with the crew and band doing the set-up and catching up on all the latest.

The first year Glenn Shankle was playing steel with Neal, last year it was Shannon Farmer and this year it is Monte Good. These are all some of the best of the Road Crews ! Each is a stylist in their own right but Monte gets the Gold Star for turning my head in circles and crossing my eyes !

He's playing a left handed Derby D-10 with his under carriage and floor pedals/knee levers in a normal cofiguration. The word normal is not correct or polite because to him that is normal and it is our guitars that are backwards. We had some laughs over the topic and while it pulls me to see him do his music so well in a manner I cannot visualize, I can still hear the music and it is good!!

So much for announcements. I'll write more about Monte later in the Music Forum but the crew left right after the show and said they were headed for Little Rock.

Regards, Paul

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2001 2:07 pm    

Hey Paul; nice update on them boys pal.
Hey my older brother David; drives them boys all over the States; and today is his Birthday.
Happy Birthday Bro....Love ya.
Ricky

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2001 2:27 pm    

Ricky, I think I had a really nice long conversation with your brother. He was telling me about a recent deer hit on the second bus and also about one that hit him in ND or somewhere up north but that time it was an elk. Give him my regards and a great big Happy Birthday !! Thanks !!

Regards, Paul

[This message was edited by Paul Graupp on 08 December 2001 at 02:29 PM.]