The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Check these guys out
Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2001 12:11 pm    

http://www.iseehawks.com/

I haven't heard or seen them yet but I hear they're great. I've heard some of the musicians in other bands and they are all first rate. Paul Lacques from Double Naught Spy Car plays a 6 string Fender steel from the 50's. DZ

Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2001 6:38 pm    

Dave, I hear these guys are great from some of their peers, which is good enough for me.

When you see the band's collective credits:

fiddle and vocals of Brantley Kearns (Dwight Yoakum, Dave Alvin, Hazel Dickens, Robert Altman

Robert Rex Waller Jr. on lead vocals (The Magic of Television, The Apple Pork Four); David Jackson on bass (John Denver, Dwight Yoakum, Emmy Lou Harris, etc., etc.)

Brothers Paul (guitar and steel for Double Naught Spy Car, Aman Folk Ensemble, Bonedaddys, etc.) and Anthony Lacques (drums, The Magic Of Television, Cara De Nada).

Impressive huh, but check out David Jackson's history alone, he was in folk-pop-folk-rockers Hearts & Flowers (with Rick Cunha, Bernie Leadon), Dillard & Clark (Doug Dillard, Gene Clark, Bernie Leadon), the Doug Dillard band, John Stewart's band, the B-52 Band with a young 'T-Bone' John Henry Burnett on lead vocals and guitar, and the list goes on and on!

Brantley Kearns has also appeared on some of the best honky-tonkin' roots rock album of the 1980s and 1990s as well, nuff said.